I'm already having trouble waiting!*Their hatching!*Pics added!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cats Critters, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I set 24 (chicken) eggs yesterday in my incubator [​IMG] , and I already can't wait for them to hatch! I set 10 EE eggs, 10 random brown eggs, and 4 white eggs. All are from my flock (see my page for breeds) all will have my EE roo Chipmunk or my BR roo Romeo for a father , I can't wait for them to hatch and I'm only on day 2! I don't want to see what I'm like on day 20!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    [​IMG] How fun!!!

3. Cats Critters

Candled today I can only see into 5 eggs! [​IMG] All the others have too dark of shells, but the 5 I can see into are all developing! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    He he I set my first eggs ever this morning! I already feel the same way as you! I am attempting to hatch Muscovies. I only have 10 eggs in there and was hoping to buy some more from somebody with blue and Lavender Muscovies but he never got back to me( I only have white). Well he sent me an email today and said I could pick up a dozen eggs tomorrow. Its a real no no to do that right? I really shouldn't put more eggs in tomorrow should I?

5. Cats Critters

Candled yesterday one of the brown eggs I can kind of see threw I'm not seeing anything growing so it maybe infertile so I marked it and put it back will be watching it carefully, and the 4 whites are growing! I saw two of them move! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cats Critters

I'm on day 16 now, when I got home from school and went to turn the eggs the temp. was at 107 turned the temp. down and opened it and turned the eggs now the temps. at 99.1, and I'm worried I killed them all [​IMG]

7. Cats Critters

I now have 14 chicks, and 4 pipped and one rocking [​IMG] , that leaves 5 not doing anything including one I had mark as not growing/infertile. But It means they did not all die in the temp spike!

8. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    well, congrats, I know many of us have had wacky temp fluctuations and still been sucessful, so happy for you. What kind of bator? and more importantly PICs [​IMG]

9. HR Patterson

HR Patterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Gravity, PA
    Wahoo!!

10. Cats Critters

What kind of bator?

A Hova-bator
    and more importantly PICs

I'll get them up asap​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by