I'm am SO upset with the USPS/FedEx right now...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Jan 8, 2011.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I am super upset with the USPS right now. They returned a package of eggs that I shipped on Wednesday to Houston, TX back to me with a Return to Sender note attached that says, "Fedex does not accept lives for weekend transit." What the hay? I don't understand what FedEx has to do with it. What really takes the cake is that the box has the buyer's name on the label and phone number clearly written in black marker on the top of the box. They could have called for instructions. I've never had this happen before. The box made it all the way to Houston and has an RDU (Raleigh Durham airport) to Houston airport sticker on the side of the box.

What should I do? Try to contact the PO in Houston and ask them for clarification? Request a refund for the $7.83 of postage I'm out of? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    That stinks. Hope you don't loose out on the eggs as well. Mistakes happen here and there. However, I can't see any harm in asking about it.

3. ndemerly

ndemerly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Owosso, MI
    sounds like some one delivering packages doesn't agree with any form of transporting poultry? I've had a couple experiences like this. I went to AZ for a week bought chicks and found that I could not take them on the plane. So, I had to ship them the woman behind the counter may have well started yelling and cursing at me. The other happened just this morning, I was driving through town with chickens in the backseat of my car in a dog crate. A son and mother gave me a look like I was the worst human they'd ever seen. What am I supposed to do, have them fly all over and cause me to smash into you! [​IMG]
    On a different note, yes. I would ask for a refund. FedEx does transport boxes for USPS but, you have to take them to USPS only and then they have FedEx move it. Based on what I have been told.

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:UPS sometimes takes things so far, then tranfers them to either Fedex or the USPS for the remainder of the trip. Or that's how it sometimes works here. I don't like it. But have never had anything happen like this either. I'd be more than upset. Call them and let them know that by refusing to accept lives and returning them, that they wasted the lives in the process. They should have been delivered like any other package and everything would have been fine. [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    They were EGGS, not chicks. Never had a big issue with shipping with the USPS, but geez. Her contact info was right on the box.

6. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:I know that, but obvioulsy they didn't.. They probably figured since the box wasn't chirping, they had already killed them.. So by returning them to you versus delivering them, they wouldn't have to suffer a claim. Idgits!!

7. xoxocammyxoxo

xoxocammyxoxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:That's just annoying. I don't know anything about shipping but I don't see why they would have a problem considering UPS was always the company that delivered all our lives when I worked for Petco many years ago.

Edit: Sorry i just realized you were mad at USPS not UPS..

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    So, it technically should be FedEx I should be upset with, if that's the case. Oh well! I'll do my part as a good seller and send another shipment "disguised" so it won't confuse them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by