i'm amazed..

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
with myself LOL. so everyone know personally knows me, knows that i loathe reading. i have never ever been able to sit down and concentrate on a book. and also everyone who knows me, knows that i am completely obsessed with twilight. i am even going to go see eclipse tomorrow AGAIN lol and i am actually getting a copy from iraq LOL. soo anyway. everyone has been telling me i need to read the books, and i mean EVERYONE. so we went to costco today and the first 2 were 7 bucks. i started readin on the way home and i can barely put the book down!! i'm on page 129 now. i don't think i've read this much (book reading) in my entire life time LOL.

Quote:
Good for you!
thumbsup.gif
I read all four books in less than a wek. You get so much out of reading the books than watching the movies.
smile.png

lol uhhh so it's 2:21 and i forced myself to close the book. 217 pages down! i can't believe it!!! it's soooooooooo good. i've officiallay read more (book) today than i have in my whole life.

I bought a book on Indian Runners a while ago...I read it from cover to cover on one weekend... My daughter has bought me two books since then...And I hardly got past the first page of either... I love reading...But just get time anymore it seems.. I used to read at night...but it ended up keeping me awake too- so I had to stop.

GOOD for YOU!! I knew that would happen........ see what you've been missing!

Do take little breaks or look up and away from to book and focus on something in the distance for a sec while you're reading.... stareing at a book closely for too long will make your eyes feel buggy, well, cause eye strain anyway, and could give you a headache.

Quote:
Good luck with the book readings, by the time I was 18, I had read over 5000 books---All the Tarzan series, Doc Savage, Danny Dunn, Tom Corbett, and any Sci-fi I could find. This was in B.C. of course (Before Computers) I have since discovered E-books and spent my rainy days reading, if the Sun is shining, I'm in my Garden or messing with the Chickens avoiding the "Honey-Dew" list. After you read the Twilight series, go for the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton, it will make your Twilight look like a preschool primer series.

Good for you!
clap.gif
It sounds like you're definitely a reader; your trouble was just finding the *right books* to get you into reading. I hope that after you finish the Twilight series, you'll continue to read by looking for other books you might like.

i went to bed at 3am cuz i was reading another chapter LoL. i have been taking breaks between to feed animals and such
smile.png
LoL so now that i just woke up i'm going to read another. mom and i are going to go see eclipse AGAIN for the secont time today
smile.png
LoL

I am so sorry. It started out that way for me too. I was in jr high and started reading Louis L'Amour. Mom gave me "Last of the Breed" and I was hooked. Haven't stopped since.

The good news is reading makes you smart. The bad news is, it makes you poor. In the past, I have budgeted $100 per month, for new books.

Stupid Harry potter!

I was angry when Michael Crichton died. It opened up a whole new hole in my reading list that needs to be filled with a new author, who will probably have written a million other books that I'll have to buy and read. DRAT! Thank goodness, if I start reading the Twilight series, there are only a few books. I can afford that and, like any addict....

"I don't have a reading problem, I can quit anytime I want."

Edit: Nope, it was Edgar Rice Burroughs "Martian Chronicles" that led me down this road. They are a gateway drug to harder reading.

JUST SAY NO!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom