i'm amazed..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovesduckies, Jul 7, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    with myself LOL. so everyone know personally knows me, knows that i loathe reading. i have never ever been able to sit down and concentrate on a book. and also everyone who knows me, knows that i am completely obsessed with twilight. i am even going to go see eclipse tomorrow AGAIN lol and i am actually getting a copy from iraq LOL. soo anyway. everyone has been telling me i need to read the books, and i mean EVERYONE. so we went to costco today and the first 2 were 7 bucks. i started readin on the way home and i can barely put the book down!! i'm on page 129 now. i don't think i've read this much (book reading) in my entire life time LOL.

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Good for you! [​IMG] I read all four books in less than a wek. You get so much out of reading the books than watching the movies. [​IMG]

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol uhhh so it's 2:21 and i forced myself to close the book. 217 pages down! i can't believe it!!! it's soooooooooo good. i've officiallay read more (book) today than i have in my whole life.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I bought a book on Indian Runners a while ago...I read it from cover to cover on one weekend... My daughter has bought me two books since then...And I hardly got past the first page of either... I love reading...But just get time anymore it seems.. I used to read at night...but it ended up keeping me awake too- so I had to stop.

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    GOOD for YOU!! I knew that would happen........ see what you've been missing!

Do take little breaks or look up and away from to book and focus on something in the distance for a sec while you're reading.... stareing at a book closely for too long will make your eyes feel buggy, well, cause eye strain anyway, and could give you a headache.

6. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:Good luck with the book readings, by the time I was 18, I had read over 5000 books---All the Tarzan series, Doc Savage, Danny Dunn, Tom Corbett, and any Sci-fi I could find. This was in B.C. of course (Before Computers) I have since discovered E-books and spent my rainy days reading, if the Sun is shining, I'm in my Garden or messing with the Chickens avoiding the "Honey-Dew" list. After you read the Twilight series, go for the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton, it will make your Twilight look like a preschool primer series.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Good for you! [​IMG] It sounds like you're definitely a reader; your trouble was just finding the *right books* to get you into reading. I hope that after you finish the Twilight series, you'll continue to read by looking for other books you might like.

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i went to bed at 3am cuz i was reading another chapter LoL. i have been taking breaks between to feed animals and such [​IMG] LoL so now that i just woke up i'm going to read another. mom and i are going to go see eclipse AGAIN for the secont time today [​IMG] LoL

9. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I am so sorry. It started out that way for me too. I was in jr high and started reading Louis L'Amour. Mom gave me "Last of the Breed" and I was hooked. Haven't stopped since.

The good news is reading makes you smart. The bad news is, it makes you poor. In the past, I have budgeted $100 per month, for new books.

Stupid Harry potter!

I was angry when Michael Crichton died. It opened up a whole new hole in my reading list that needs to be filled with a new author, who will probably have written a million other books that I'll have to buy and read. DRAT! Thank goodness, if I start reading the Twilight series, there are only a few books. I can afford that and, like any addict....

"I don't have a reading problem, I can quit anytime I want."

Edit: Nope, it was Edgar Rice Burroughs "Martian Chronicles" that led me down this road. They are a gateway drug to harder reading.

JUST SAY NO!!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  10. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:[​IMG]

twilight and new moon were 7 dollars each at costco [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by