I'm an idiot. Bruised finger as proof!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

In the morning during the summer the first person that gets up is suppose to close a large sliding window in our kitchen (we use to cool the house at night).

The window is SUPER old, very large, and very loud when it is closed... usually waking everybody else up.

Today I decided to thouroughly clean out the window frame and get it all lubricated. It was a beautiful thing... I should have done it years ago!

I was so proud I asked my wife to come in and triumph at the wonder that was our quiet and easy sliding monster window.

Well, in the process of showing her how easily it glides from one side to the other, the window moved so quickly and effortlessly that I smashed my finger and put a nice crease in my fingernail.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    ouch... hope it gets better! [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    And I'm sure you got enough sympathy and love to make it worth it! LOL,, I did something similar except it was the window over the sink and I was showing the cats,, not even a human!

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yikes! I bet that hurt.

WoW, that is sort of funny, because that is totally something I would do with my own cats. Ha ha!

5. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Did Emily fall on the floor laughing?

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    That hurts. Almost as bad as shutting your finger in the car door.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Emily and the two girls felt very bad and gave daddy lots of hugs! [​IMG] The girls keep asking to see it and then ask if it still hurts.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Welcome to my world. You are now a card carrying member of the Clutz's of American Club.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Ya, it will be a temp membership! [​IMG]

I'm usually very coordinated, but I guess my mad skillz at fixing things overpowered my coordination today. [​IMG]

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    if the thumb nail is bruised and throbbing you may have to relieve the pressure.. (its quick and easy, does not hurt at ALL.... Promise [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by