I'm an idiot :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrslb333, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Well its day 17 with 5 Button quails I was fairly certain nothing was in them but you can't be totally sure as the eggs are so dark. So any way I decided to pip one and see so I do it very carefully and I was right just a yolk no development same with 2,3 and 4. By the time I'm at number 5 I'm 99.9% certain they're the same so not very carefully I crack it open and blood spills out and there is a baby [​IMG] So now I have tiny egg covered in wet tissue humidity high as I can get it just hoping the little one makes it and I've not murdered the poor little thing [​IMG]

2. Delta3013

Delta3013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    That sucks.

3. figsonwheels

figsonwheels Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    So sorry.[​IMG]

4. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I'm hoping if I can keep it from shrink wrapping it may be in with a chance but only time will tell [​IMG] It's a lesson learnt about being impatient, just not a very nice one [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Sorry, if you got blood, chances are slim.

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*comfort* [​IMG]

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG]

8. Noah

Noah Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    I'm sorry.[​IMG]

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I know it feels awful, but as I always told my children the first time is education, if you do it again I am going to wonder about you, and if you do it the third time I will know that you're stupid. So that said while it won't make you feel much better, this experience is just education. Some education is expensive. I am certain that you will learn from it, and will at least have a different educational moment (mistake) next time. We are all human. Somethings suck, but as long as we are learning, it is okay to forgive yourself. I hope that you find this thought encouraging not not mean. It is meant with love, and hugs.

10. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Thank you, you live and learn I definitely won't be doing that again. The baby is hanging in there no more blood and its moving but we'll see if it makes it through the night, I suppose where there's life there's hope [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by