I'm ashamed to admit

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by krcote, Jan 17, 2009.

1. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I'm born and raised in New England and I HATE real maple syrup!
    Anyone else "going against the grain" of tradition?

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I don't hate maple syrup, I just prefer cane syrup. I think it's a southern thing! [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    sorry can't comment on that one.......don't have as many "brands" as in the USA

4. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    When I was younger I preferred Log Cabin with only 2% maple syrup to the real thing. Now I prefer the real thing. In fact I get mine from MA when I can, it's better than the NH stuff in the stores.

Or Michigan maple syrup since I live here now. I, too was born and raised in New England, btw.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I just buy the generic stuff at the store. Probably nothing real about it.

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Yup, live in the deep south and HATE tomatoes. [​IMG]

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm a Karo person myself.

What do you expect, it was part of our baby formula. Can milk (evaporated milk) Karo and water. That's was we were fed back in the day before all these fancy formulas. They would increase the amount of can milk and decrease the Karo as you got older. Luckily my mom had some of the old slips from the doc when my nephew was born. He couldn't handle any of the formulas out there so she gave him the Karo mixture. He's 6'6'' don't think it hurt him any.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Mrs. Butterworth's all the way (if I can't get the real, homemade, kind). My great-grandma used to tap her maple trees and make real maple syrup; it was soooo good.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I dont like lobster all that much. And I lived in Maine for a bit.

Oh. And I prefer Mrs Butterworths over maple syrup hands down. But because it isnt "m,maple" syrup it isnt allowed in the house

10. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

We have made our own . I have 3 trees and were able to get alot from them. I dont like the store bought maple syrups out there because some of them are made to thin for my taste. I like it thicker, with mine I just boiled it down more. I do like Mrs Butterworths for a store bought brand. It isnt thin.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by