im asking if i can use images from all of you

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbottom, Nov 18, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i google images all the time about chickens and im just starting my website and its about feeding, breeds, growing stages, and me selling hatching eggs. and almost all that i search comes from here and i dont want to use those images without your permission i just dont think its right to take an image without asking the owner. i will include your byc name on my site if you would like im not going to claim them as mine i just need pictures of all different breeds to put on the site. thanks so much

2. mypicklebird

mypicklebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Each time you want to use an image that you did not take or create yourself- you should take the time to ask the poster/creator for that photo. If you can't get ahold of them, assume the answer was NO.
    No broad yes/no on taking photos from another site and putting it on yours. Asking each and every time is the right thing to do.

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

As long as you put my user name I have no problem, but I would pm the people who's photos you want to use.

4. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:ya i know i havent made my site yet im currently working on it have been for a few weeks now and im asking everyone now

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Quote:I agree with mypicklebird - if you see a photo you'd like to use, please contact the owner directly.

6. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:I agree with mypicklebird - if you see a photo you'd like to use, please contact the owner directly.

i will do

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont have very many good chicken pics, but you can use any of them if you come across them.

8. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:thank you

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have several breeds, but I'm NOT the best photographer. If you need any pics, I could always go take some for ya. Good luck with your site!

10. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:thanks and any breed is great im just trying to kick start it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by