I'm AT A Loss....we got him by accident!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by misscrazy24, May 9, 2011.

1. misscrazy24

misscrazy24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Mississauga
  2. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    How awesome! Looks like a Roo to me....I have no idea about breeds. You said he's crowing? Rose comb is a good clue though.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

He is a GORGEOUS Easter Egger Rooster! He looks very, very much like my Carl, the dominant rooster in my flock.

4. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Beautiful EE rooster! [​IMG]

5. misscrazy24

Apr 1, 2011
    Mississauga
    [​IMG]! Thank you haha he's two years old...a bit more.... now. [​IMG] sorry by crow i mean his ....cockle doodle doo? LOL but it's very majestic regardless.

Its a shame he's genetically dead. =/ he thinks we're his hens ...well our shoes haha he chases us in the morning >_> [​IMG] Glad you enjoyed the pictures I'll post more once i figure out how! [​IMG]

6. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    I just have to ask, how do you keep the chicken from pooping on your furniture?

7. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Quote:Ha! That's what I was thinking!

So, how did you get him by accident? He's very pretty [​IMG]

8. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Yay Chicks! :

Quote:Ha! That's what I was thinking!

So, how did you get him by accident? He's very pretty [​IMG]

After I read that I thought that sounds kindof rude, and i certainly don't mean it that way. He is beautiful and so is your couch, but that was my first thought, OMG he is going to poop on her beautiful couch! [​IMG] So sorry for being nosy but maybe there is a secret way to litter train roosters [​IMG] If so, please do share!​

9. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    I have EE rooster that is very similar in body style and comb, the only difference is color. I would say he is a beautiful EE rooster!

Buster my one year old EE

[​IMG]

10. misscrazy24

Apr 1, 2011
    Mississauga
    Hello hello [​IMG]

Thanks for the replies.

So our clucky SURPRISINGLY...doesn't poop that often! And when he does it's on the tile floor so easy clean up! I don't think he's trained - he just ...doesn't poop on carpet or furniture. Might be his picky diet and we rarely almost never - (since after he hit 1.5 years) see the brownish poop that my other chickens at the faarm do. (Thankk goodness!)

My dad brought him home 1 summer day 2 years ago....he found him in the middle of the barn ...w/ sheep and goats. So when he couldn't find the mom, he brought him home. WE tried to take him back....however....he didn't want to go. and kept following us around..

He's spoiled. But very loyal and always the first one at the door (even before the door bell goes off!)

And that's the story....he just...got...stuck with us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by