I'm At It Again...New Bantam Coop Project and Pics Of Babies Its For

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Sep 16, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi all, Well I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Just got back form lumber yard with first of several loads of lumber for our new Bantam Coop. Yep, gonna do it again only smaller and simpler. You see, wife decided she wanted Bantams as well, so after I built the brooder they started rolling in. I must admit though, I did find her some cute little black Frizzles on Craigslist for her B-Day(today) and also ordered some cute as a button polish chicks. They are 3 days old. Got 7 total, four different colors. Can't wait to see them mature, they are gonna be awesome. So, here are a couple of early stage photos...(real early). Lumber...location for new coop....and 2 pics of the babies that will live in it along with some other Banty's that are in the main run with bigh girls for now. Keep tuning in for daily updates if you'd like. Will start framing tomorrow a.m. It is gonna be 6' x 10' walk in coop, shed roof with shingles, vinyl siding, auto pop door, electricity, water, windows, people door, DLM on floor, etc...Will have a 10' x 20' totally enclosed run. Planning on maybe 15-18 Bantams, but ya know how that goes!
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    cute chicks! Can't wait to see your progress [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, I see some cute little frizzles! What breed are they? I've got two bantam cochin frizzles and also a Polish bantam frizzle and I just LOVE THEM!

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't wait to see the coop you build!! So exciting! Ooooh, and I LOOOOVE polish!! My dad raised them when I was a kid, so ever since, they are my favorites!! The frizzles are just adorable, too!!! [​IMG] My chicken math is going to have me out of house and home -- I want one of everything I see! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by