I'm at the DMV, will someone PLEASE talk to me?!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 28, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    This is my THIRD time here this week. OVER AN HOUR WAIT! augh kill me!!!!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

What are you doing there?

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    TRYING to renew my registration! I went online and they told me there was an error. Came back and tried the machine and was told I needed to smog the car. Got car smogged and attempted to register it at smog place and they told me I needed to show proof of insurance. Went back to the DMV and after waiting in line for a half hour I OVERHEARD a lady saying all the credit/debit machines were down. Well Jesus now I have one day before I'm late so this better be the last time!!! Grrrrr!!!!!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I went through that for over a year trying to get a car in my name from my mothers name. First they lost it, then we lost it, then we forgot a signature, then the po lost it. It was a nightmare. I just got it take care of IN FULL in March of this year and she first signed it over in August of 09.

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Hear ya! I once bought an old fixer-upper Volkswagen fastback that was missing it's title. We had about 30 years worth of owner signatures passing the car along but no title. I got too frustrated and it was too hard to get the car in my name so I just gave up and sold it.

6. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    The advantage of living in a small town.

Recently purchased a 1970 Mustang for my son's 16th b-day. Have about a year of restoration to do... I had to pay 350 to get it registered and a tag... the darn thing doesn't even have an engine in it yet (didn't even own an engine when I paid for the tag and registration)... Finally supposed to get painted the first week on July

I feel for you....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    what is smogging the car?... emission test?

8. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    The worst part is that I'm not trying to register the car, I'm just trying to RENEW my registration! It should be painless!!!

Lmao about the small town thing. I drove about an hour out of Reno once to use the DMV in a small town called Fallon. It's a pretty tiny community.

Anyways I walk in and grab my number- 001. As soon as I got my number it was called. I thought that was pretty funny

9. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Yep, it's required every year in my city, but it's NOT required at all if you live 20 minutes away!

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:yes, us californians call it a "smog check"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by