I'm Baaaack!!!!!! It's hatching time. Yay. (CHICK PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by guinea fowl galore, Jul 17, 2011.

1. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Well it looks like I'm back to this Side of the site. My chickens have decided with the recent temperature rise that it is time to go broody. Unfortunately though for the chickens, I'm a big nasty ogre and am only allowing one of them to continue on her broody journey. I have chosen my Little black silkie x Wyandotte bantam. This is her first time and she's doing great, getting off the nest herself to eat and drink a few times a day. What a good girl.
    So I'll be keeping everyone updated.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    [​IMG]

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

4. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    This is a picture of my little broody girl with her mummy when she was just a ity bitty chicly (sniffs and wipes away a tear) they grow up so fast. oh I cant wait for more little ones, to complete me, to fill that hole in myself that can only be filled with cuteness.
    well, thats what i tell people anyway. [​IMG] oh well, I've started to believe it myself too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Well i candled today and nine out of nine eggs are developing. yay. Today is day 4.

6. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    candled today, day eight and all nine are still doing great. They look a little more developed then day 8 though, which is entirely possible as I wasn't the one tending to the chickens for a few days leading up to when I found her broody.

7. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Day 15 today. Not long now. I must say, the incubation time feels faster with broodies. [​IMG]

9. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    You have it so easy with chickens...4 weeks sometimes seems forever with ducks. How is the weather up your way lately?? Strange time of year for a broody here. Fingers are crossed for you and your sweet young girl.

10. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks ducky [​IMG]
    As far as weather goes, I thought it was cold here..... Untill I went to your home town. Wow it is really cold there. As soon as I got off the plane I almost passes out from the temp change. But it's been anywhere from about 10-22 here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by