I'm Back! I'm married! I'm sad!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Well, the wedding was beautiful. Everything I dreamed it would be. Once we get all the pics moved from one camera to the other and uploaded, I'll post some.
We came home a little early. We're at that age where no place feels as comfortable as our own home and no bed sleeps as good as our own.
The beautiful day was marred by a little sadness. Two hours before we left on our wedding trip, I suffered my first chicken loss. One of my dark hens Tinker has passed away at 13 months old. From the way she acted right before she passed, my DH says he is certain it was a heart attack.
hit.gif

I had taken my DSD out to the coop to show her where everything was and at that time Tinker was out in the garden area, pecking and hunting with the rest of the chickens. Not fifteen minutes later I went back out to check on something and found her in the chicken's favorite dustbathing hole, nearly dead. By the time I picked her up and walked back up to the house with her, she had closed her eyes and was barely breathing. She died in my arms a few minutes later.
When I found her I was astonished see my loner chicken Lilith sitting next to her and clucking softly. Lilith actually growled at me when I tried to pick Tinker up.
So some sadness, but at least the end was quick.
I'm glad to be home with my critters and glad to be back on BYC.
Hope all is well with y'all.

Welcome back, Mrs. ! Congrats, and glad your special day was beautiful, albeit with a tinge of sadness. Tell your dear hubby that you deserve a treat now, lol.

Best wishes for a wonderful married life, enjoy!

Cheri
love.gif

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear you are finally married!! Glad it was beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures.

So sorry about Tinker.

Welcome back!
I'm glad your wedding went well
smile.png

Sorry about Tinker
hugs.gif

Have you been able to resist getting some of those Blue Silkies for your flock, yet
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom