I'm back with better pics! Please, please help me. Pretty please? (Pic Heavy)

ncmtngal

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 5, 2012
I spent a lot of time this afternoon sorting my "mystery" chickens. Just to recap...they're from an "Ornamental Layer" collection from MM.

I'm REALLY confused about these girls.

Is this a "packing peanut"? I have four of them.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
bow.gif

It looks like the ones in the 4th picture are golden laced wyandottes.... and yes it looks like you got some leghorn packing peanuts! and the one in the picture appears to be a roo :)

The first pic looks like a Blue Red laced Wyandotte
love.gif
(onei would kindly take off your hands), the second looks like a barred rock, the third i am not sure, maybe a maran
hu.gif
, the fourth looks like golden laced wyandottes, the fifth a cochin (not sure on the color), the sixth could be Old English Game bantams (are they bantams?), and the last one i am not sure
hu.gif

1.) Blue Laced Wyandotte
2.) Barred Rock (I would guess male, but need better shot of it standing)
3.) Dominique
4.) Gold Laced Wyandottes
5.) Dark Brahma
6.) (left) Egyptian Fayoumi
7.) packing peanut male Leghorn (all of them will be male)

Hi! I don't pretend to be an expert on lots of different breeds, but from seeing lots of pictures, I think I can guess most of yours...your first one looks like a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, your second and third look like both barred rocks (the first one a rooster?? I don't know, but I'm seeing bigger comb, lighter barring coloration); the two in your fourth picture could be Gold Laced Wyandottes. Don't know about your others, I'm afraid; if the whites turn out to be roosters (it looks like they're on that track), then it's safe to assume they were packing peanuts. You will surely have a pretty flock, specially with whatever those grey hens turn into!

Pretty much what they said. But, that second barred bird may be a dominique, not a rock, cause that doesn't look like a straight comb. I agree the lighter barred bird may be a roo, that's a lotta comb and the coloring is pretty light.

How old are these birds? I don't think murray usually uses packing peanuts, don't you have to order at least 25? Do all the white ones have the same red comb and wattles? I know leghorn pullets grow large combs, but that's a lot for size.

They are six weeks old. I ordered 25 chickens so I have no idea why they would have included these "extras". Also, the Barred Rocks were not on the "Ornamental Collection" list of possibilities. AND, they're supposed to all be female.
barnie.gif

Pretty much what they said. But, that second barred bird may be a dominique, not a rock, cause that doesn't look like a straight comb. I agree the lighter barred bird may be a roo, that's a lotta comb and the coloring is pretty light.

How old are these birds? I don't think murray usually uses packing peanuts, don't you have to order at least 25? Do all the white ones have the same red comb and wattles? I know leghorn pullets grow large combs, but that's a lot for size.

#2 - A Barred Rock, really and wow. They must have been packing peanuts too as they weren't on that option of possibilities list for my order. They have grown much faster than the others. IS that a BR trait?

1.) Blue Laced Wyandotte
2.) Barred Rock (I would guess male, but need better shot of it standing)
3.) Dominique
4.) Gold Laced Wyandottes
5.) Dark Brahma
6.) (left) Egyptian Fayoumi
7.) packing peanut male Leghorn (all of them will be male)

Back
Top Bottom