I'm Back

TamTurkey

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 17, 2012
Texas
Had to take a break from this place I was spending more time in here and less time with our birds. This site is very addictive!!!
big_smile.png
Well this last batch was a whirlwind of Murphy's law!
he.gif
If it could go wrong it did. I put them in a temperature controlled coop. Yeah well they kept breaking the AC units either chewing through the cords popping off the faces ect. My best Show bird ended up slicing off part of his skin on the top of his head on the AC unit. Then my Culls who aren't show quality and end up being for our own consumption were put outside to free range. Well they ended up with foul pox. I learned my lesson on that. I well be vaccinating. I hate to do it but I also hate to have sick birds. I may only vaccinate summer birds as the mosquito population is not as bad in the winter months. I went back to feeding standard show feed and not doing the fermented grain as frankly it was too time consuming with all of our other hobbies during the summer. Our 2nd biggest hen came out dressed to be 28lbs and got 4th place
clap.gif
(our biggest one that cut part of her head off we made fajitas out of it so no clue what she weighed). We got our new batch of chicks
jumpy.gif
in last week. I have started them on medicated turkey starter for the first week then I am going to start back with the fermented feed as I think it made a difference. Wish us luck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom