I'm back!

PapaChaz

Crowing
9 Years
May 25, 2010
NW Georgia
Hey everyone, papachaz here. I'm back! I've been gone for a while. A brief summary: I joined in 2010 when we picked up some hens. In 2011, I blew a couple levels of disks in my back, lost my job, which in turn caused us to lose about everything including our house. I gave what chickens I had to the daughter and son in law, they've remembered to bring us eggs occasionally......

anyway, after much ado and lawyers and such.........4 years later, we've bought an older house in the country on 1 1/2 acres, did some remodelling and we're in. I told the wife I wasn't going to be long getting set back up for some chickens. Today is the day! I'm on my way to pick up 8 blue ameracauna chicks! I have a large dog crate I'll be using as a brooder for the next few weeks inside, while I get a new coop and run built for them. it's a straight run deal, I'm just hoping I don't wind up with 5 or 6 roos..........HA

Will post pics when I get them home!

Congratulations on your new home. Glad to see that life is going better, and oh yeah
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome back!

ok we made it home safe and sound. Stopped by the daughters house to show the babies to the grand daughter, she's in LOVE! LOL

I have a temp brooder set up, posting a pic, I do have a proper waterer and feeder the wife is bringing out of storage on her way home from work. I have a bigger brooder setup I'll have to make room for inside as the nights are still too cold to put these outside.

I'm hoping at least 5 of the 8 are girls....LOL we'll begin to find out in a few weeks I suppose. 6 of these are last monday's hatch, two are yesterdays hatch. No problems with them all being together so far.

Back
Top Bottom