i'm beginning to Wonder About these Seagulls!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sumatra503, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    This afternoon around 12:00 the power went out for a few seconds.

Come to find out a seagull flew into the line and caused the power outage! There was a fried bird on the ground underneath the powerlines today shortly after and three people saw the stupid bird fly into it.

Same thing happened last week too.

I'm beginning to wonder about these seagulls! Maybe they Triple Dog Dared him to do it![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

Or got drunk on Pepsmo tablets!

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I worked on a big ranch at the end of a dead end road and our power would blink and flicker almost every day. We were all complaining and the elect-coop sent a crew out to check the trees around the lines. Maybe, 3 or 4 trucks, 10 men. I saw them eating lunch so I stopped to see what they found........Nothing, The man said we're stumpped. About that time a big quarter horse ambled over to the guide wire, backed his big butt up and started scratching. The wires started swinging! WAH-LAH! New spike guard on wire and problem solved. Crazy, poor birds.

4. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL i just fell off my chair!!

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I got one for you: My DW and I were golfing this summer, approaching a green when this golf ball hits the ground in front of us. I looked around to see if someone was hitting into us or mis-hit off another fairway but there wasn't a soul around--the nearest other players were two holes behind us. Then another ball hit. I picked them up, both were really dirty so I assumed they weren't ones someone was playing and there was no driving range or practice area around. The only thing was there was a flock of gulls feeding on the course. What I surmised is they were picking up these found ball--there is a huge pond near the green that was lower than normal--and dropping them. Only explanation possible. I know they will drop clams and crabs on rocks at the shore, have seen them do it, but these balls certainly weren't going to break open on the grass.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Happens around here often. This time of year the cormorants migrate south and always knock us out the grid.

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Alfred Hitchcock's movie, "The Birds." Heheheheh.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    When I worked at McDonald's, one got stuck in our air vents. One of our managers was also attacked by one and she had to beat it with a broom to get it to back off.

The seagulls were our "groundhog day." When they came back, it meant it was summer

10. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I work in a 911 center and we get a lot of calls about squirrels getting fried in transformers. People actually think that we are going to send the fire company to take the squirrel off after it gets fried!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by