1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm Being Falsely Accused

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by joebryant, Jun 7, 2008.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Saint though I am, Anne is claiming that it's my fault that there is peat moss on tables, lamp shades, and pretty much everything else in the living room and dining room. Just because there's peat moss in the brooder box that I have in the living room doesn't mean the peat moss dust isn't coming in from an open peat package that's out in the front yard. It seems like everytime I do something wrong around here, I GET BLAMED FOR IT!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    LOL I'm in the same situation;)

DH blames ME for the shredded newspapers ect. Just because I have newspapers in the brooder! The nerve! How does he know that we don't have paper shredding faries that just happen to scatter them in front of the brooders! [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] Mine is the little wood shavings. Maybe ghosts are in the house tracking them around. LOL

4. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I got blamed for all the chick dust from the pelleted bedding in the camp trailer. Just because I had two brooders of chicks in there, too!

We all feel your pain, joe!

5. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    I use towels instead...keeps down on the dust....

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Maybe it is time for the brooder to go outside with the peat moss.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Man, do I feel your pain!

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I'm dancing as fast as I can to get the coop(s) finished, but it has been raining almost daily. Last night and today we had a flood; ten inches of rain fell this morning. For the first time ever my pond overfilled and the creek flooded the east field; normally it goes only into the west field because the banks are lower on that side. I have never seen a spring with so much rain coming down practically every day. It really outdid itself last night and this morning. It was like a river was falling out of sky.
    Seriously, don't buy a used car from Indiana for a very long time. I've seen thousands of them today totally under water.

9. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Right here with ya in Indiana. We'll never get our run finished at this rate.

My DH chipped in and helped with the housework this morning and earned a gazillion brownie points... couldn't hurt to give that a try.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I just learned that my ducks could have gone outside a long time ago. I even heard one quack today instead of peep. This means I have to get my act together and build a pen for them. What I'll probably end up doing is juggling all the chickens around so the ducks can have the tractor.

I feel your pain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by