Im being punked!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I have to be.

I mean seriously, this is hilarious!

I have a petite buff duck, about the size of a chihauhau - and she is laying extra large eggs.

Then I have my heavy set magpie, who is as large as my schnauzer pup - and she is laying eggs smaller than half that size!

I go to collect and I can see my Lil mama - the buff - sitting in the rabbit hutch on her nest . I can see her back, tail, head, neck - everything but from the wings down.

Then I go and look in the dog kennel - and all i can see of my magpie is her head! This morning I thought she was dead! she scared the bonkers out of me! All i see is part of her neck and her head! I mean her nest has to be at least 8 in deep - maybe even a foot!

well arent girls just so weird!! I mean how does my buff get those huge eggs out of her butt!

But hey, I did get my first double yolker from her [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. It's adorable the way they each have their own personality, that's another reason why I love my ducks so much.
    I would love to see a pic of the two together just for size comparison. Are they both broody?

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My buff is broody and my magpie is still laying. She and one of my black gals ( cayuga and black swed ) are sharing a nest , but she is the only one I have caught on the nest. I always get two eggs in it though.

Ill see if I can get a picture tonightor tommorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: