I'm big and yellow and striped. What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Four Acre Bliss, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Four Acre Bliss

Four Acre Bliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    This is the bully chicken I mentioned in a couple of threads on the baby chicks forum. She (or he) looks very different from the others ... we have Speckled Sussex and Easter Eggers, and both are brown -- the Sussex, oddly enough, look much more chipmunk-y than the EEs. The EEs have brownish green legs and the Sussex are pink, right? This one has pink legs but is yellow in color (more like the one Buff Orpington we have) and with black stripes instead of brown. She (or he) is also much bigger than all of the other chicks. She really stands out!

Thoughts? Guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just another (bigger, oddly colored) Speckled Sussex? Or something else?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Possibly a production red...what happened to it's left eye in the first photo?

3. Four Acre Bliss

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    Camera induced red eye. Her eyes are fine, she's the one who pecks everyone else's eyes.

4. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

It's a red something or other.

5. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    That looks like an Americauna to me. I had two the same color. One turned out to be a Wheaton-like color, the other a Blue Wheaton. The light colored Americaunas tend to be pink-legged as chicks and they later develop the green-gray legs.

6. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I think it looks like a light EE too. In a couple weeks you'll be able to tell much better once a few feathers start sprouting

7. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I don't think it's an EE. Her feet are orange.[​IMG]

8. Four Acre Bliss

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    So, either a Red Something or an EE -- I hope it's an EE! It would make sense, because that's what I ordered, I'm just surprised one would look so different from the rest.

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    EE

10. Four Acre Bliss

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    I noticed also that her wing is shaped differently than the others -- looking at pics on Poultry Site, could she be a Phoenix or Golden Duckwing OEG? McMurray sells Phoenix, not sure about the other ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by