Last fall I gave my worm box incubator to a friend. I scrounged the parts to build another one. First I needed to cut a hole for the light socket. I cut it just a little smaller than the outside diameter of the socket. I wanted a tight fit. Now for the thermostat. I wanted to mount it at the same level as the eggs. So I Placed it in a receptacle box. This way all the wires would be covered. I placed a cover over the top to have a sealed unit. The wafer in the thermostat is visible and exposed to the air. I drilled two holes in the cooler to mount the box. Here is the bolts already tightened up next I drilled a hole to adjust the temperature from the outside. This way I don't have to open the "bator" up each time. I have the placement of the light socket and thermostat, now I need to install the fan. I used two nails to find the proper placement of the holes for the mounting bolts. I wanted the fan to be about one inch from the wall to have good air circulation. Also I wanted the fan to be just above the eggs. I ran the fan wires through the receptacle box and through a hole I drilled to the outside. Thermostat, fan, and light are mounted. Miss Prissy has some good pictures on how to wire everything up. What isn't showing is the computer power cord I cut and spliced into the wire coming from the socket and thermostat. I also need to get a 12 power supply to finish the fan off. I cut a hole in the lid for the plexiglass cover and used four self tapping screws to attach the plexiglass to the lid. Here is a view of everything put together. Total cost $0.00.