I'm bout fed up with ebay buyers!! Update... It just gets better!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rebel Rooster, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Here's a copy of the actual email that I got this morning...

Well yesterday was the magic day. Unfortunately only 2 of the 12 eggs were fertile. The two that hatched are doing well. I opened the unhatched eggs and found no embryo development whatsoever. This indicates that they were not fertile. That said, I feel very disappointed in the quality of the product you shipped me and will not be posting a positive feedback.

I hatch these Delly eggs here every couple of weeks with a 95% hatch rate... what is it with these folks thinking that undevelopment has to do with fertility... You spell it all out in the description and folks like this ignore it... or don't even read it at all... Like I'm there watchin' over their hatching abilities...
    I know that nobody else has EVER had this happen to them... [​IMG]

Well... This guy left me my first Neg. Feedback ever! He sent me a very ugly email yesterday... called me disrespectful & rude! Anyone who knows me or who has delt with me knows that "disrespect & rudeness" is not part of my character... I simply disagreed with this guy, (Oh... how dare I do that!) He insists (as you will see by his email) that undeveloped eggs are INFERTILE! Here's his email:

Sorry, but the embryos were not under developed, there was no development. I've been hatching eggs (chicken, pheasant, quail, etc) since 1966 so I have some experience. I'm not interested in more eggs, nor am I interested in any refund. I'm only writing to inform you of the fertility issue...and it was a fertility issue, not a incubation issue. My research indicates that the absence of any blood vessel development is almost always due to infertility (http://ohioline.osu.edu/b633/b633_4.html). Your response to my initial concerns was rude and disrespectful. You will receive an appropriate feedback.

- 1handfull

See what I mean... wow! You can see his ebay handle up there... I didn't realize who this guy was when I got that first "educational" email from him... let's go back to the first of the month... I get an email from the post office that stated "Quote" We're sorry, but our office mis-sorted your package and sent it to wrong district (In Cally 48 hours after shipped) they stated that it would be corrected promptly... This guy (1handfull) sent me an email (he obviously got the same email from PO that I got) he says "quote" I got email from PO saying that "they" delivered package to wrong address, call it the PO's fault if u like, but I either want that package to my door today or fresh eggs mailed out today! 1handfull
    I got that quizzy feeling in my gut right then! His package "was" delivered that morning (48 hours) after I shipped it! From SC to Cally... It appears that this guy buys a lot of eggs off of ebay... all sellers here on BYC better watch out for this individual...
    What a mess...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Sounds like somebody needs to be informed of the fact that eggs going through the postal service is always a gamble. [​IMG] I'm sure you put that in your auction terms, but some people just don't bother to read the fine print. [​IMG]

3. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had one do a charge back two months after receiving the eggs and then have the audacity to ask for more eggs free. It is ebay's new policies that are bringing out these morons.

4. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I didn't have a good hatch rate with eggs that were shipped across country to me. I didn't know if it was me or the trip that the eggs traveled. I don't hold the seller responsible though. I trust that they were fertile I just think the trip was too much - maybe too much jostleing around or extreme temperature changes.
    People have to understand the risk they take when the eggs travel so far, the seller can only package them and assume no other responsibility. The eggs I bought arrived without a crack.

5. Rebel Rooster

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    I've been wondering how many other folks here on BYC deal with this mess... [​IMG]

6. WalkingWolf

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ebay no longer allows postal service as a excuse, but you can still point out that incubation practices are not controlled by the seller. Unfortunately ebay always sides with the buyer now.

7. WalkingWolf

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    The shame is ebay was once a fun and profitable place to sell one's wares. It was blessing for those that could not work outside the home due to illness, children or other obligations. The stock has been stagnant for some time, and rumors are starting to circulate of a breakup. Shame the stockholders do not come to their senses and vote out the bum that ruined the business and put someone in charge that will bring it back to icon it once was.

8. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Not to be too much of a wiseguy, but you might suggest that this ebay buyer try an experiment. Take a fertile egg, put it in the refrigerator for three weeks, take it out, crack it open, and notice...hey, no embryo development! Gee, I guess the egg must not have been fertile, eh?

9. Rebel Rooster

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    In the last 6 weeks... I've spent over $150.00 on hatching eggs for the breeds I want for next spring, and so far I've had 6 hatch out of a 25 egg shipment and 1 died within an hour, 3 out of 12 egg shipment, and my last big shipment, I just tossed 10 clear turkey eggs after 18 days of incubation... only 3 out of another 25 chicken eggs are developing...
    So far (not to count chickens before they hatch) I have invested over $150.00 in 1 wellsummer, 2 blk marans, 3 Delawares, 2 turkeys [​IMG]

10. Rebel Rooster

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Quote:I hear ya!! Good idea! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by