I'm busted...

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
Well, I've had this homemade bator running back here on my desk for 2 days now. DH waited until I was gone to teach class last night to wander by and notice there was an incubator on my desk.

I KNOW I told him a few weeks ago I was planning on hatching out some banty chicks of some kind come spring... didn't he catch that???

So, now I'm in the dog house
roll.png

Of course that won't stop me from putting those silky eggs in there when I get them on Tuesday!

I never say anything when he does his music stuff, or takes off on trips for his hobbies without me, or buys REALLY expensive computers that he doesn't really need, etc

I guess I'll just have to do what I can to cheer him up and make him forget about my incubator
wink.png

Oh, that's my motto with most things in life... It's easier to apologize than ask permission!

He'll come around - he already really likes the chicken girls, even if he doesn't admit it and he'll like these too... besides, where would he go? I already have his mother in law and his kids and it's my name on the title of his car...

wink.png

-S

DB reacted the same way when I mentioned I had ordered 10 more chicks. I had told him I wanted to, I guess he thought I was just bluffing! Well, I showed him!
wink.png

They always get over it!

My husband agrees to deals with me and then wishes he hadn't LOL I got a puppy so he got a new gun, and he agrees to an increased chicken quota when he wants a new XBOX game. So far the limit is 52 laying hens..I don't think he's realised what that many chickens looks like.

I wear mine down slowly.
When I told him we were hatching out some chicks in the spring, under whoever goes broody first, he claimed I'd agreed not to hatch anything when we first got the peeps. I assured him he was wrong. After that, when I'd talk about letting someone set, he'd just roll his eyes. Then yesterday he was mentioning that Ms P is getting harder and harder to move off the nest to collect her egg. And I told him we needed to be sure to collect them all winter, but that maybe she's be our Spring mama.
He didn't roll his eyes that time. He looked thoughtful. Cause Ms P is our bold adventurer, and also the one who sits next to us on the swing and keeps us company at times. He likes Ms P.
Wearing him down like water erodes a mountain. That's my method. I don't ask permission or beg forgiveness. I just tell him how it's gonna be until he realizes it's gonna be. And then we move on from there.
Although I do compromise at times, I do think the hen rules the rooster who rules the roost at our house
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom