Im calling it.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DeeThomas, Apr 23, 2009.

1. DeeThomas

DeeThomas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Today my duckling hatched prematurely it is not breathing anymore. Does anyone else think I should take him out and call it or should I leave him in there if the yolk can help him. He has not completely dissolved the yolk.

2. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    I'm sorry...If it's not breathing...the yolk won't be able to revive him. [​IMG]
    I hope you have more getting ready to pip out. That way you have something to look forward to..

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Did any more hatch? Sorry about the one that stopped breathing.

4. DeeThomas

Mar 13, 2009
    Well the others look like their growing and I see dark patches. Does that mean they are internally piping? What does that mean.

5. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Dark Patches on the outside? Usually thats not a good sign. How many days have they been in your incubator? What has the temp and humidity been at.

Is this your first time incubating eggs? If it is...just know we have all been through it...we learn from it...

Plus... asking many questions along the way from the people on BYC will help you tremendously... I wish you the best... [​IMG]

6. DeeThomas

Mar 13, 2009
    Quote:Actually Im going to take them out. I think its mold. [​IMG]

I will make an order soon for some chicks. Many people have offered me free eggs as long as i pay shipping. People are so nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by