I'm confused........what are these little bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bethandjoeync, May 19, 2010.

1. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I thought these were just regular white or buff cochin bantams but they have tuffs now??!! what could they be. their not exactly white, but their not exactly buff. I need help. are they just hatchery mutts? they are currently 6 weeks old (nearly 7 weeks) and I am doing my best to hold them every day...but they would rather I didn't. any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they aren't as heavily feathered on the leggs as their black cochin brooder mates. they have 4 toes and lightly colored leggs. not yellow, but almost whitish/pink. I am stumped [​IMG]

2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Looks like a pair of some type of D'Uccle... Can't tell the color though... too yellow to be a Porcelain

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Looks like a D'uccle.

4. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    nope not porcilain. they were completely yellow when babies. I looked at the chickie picks of the porc. and that wasn't them at all. but thanks for the help

5. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    aren't the d'uccle bearded? these aren't bearded....yet anyways.

I checked feather site, and if anything they could be buff mottled....but I just don't see that coming from a hatchery

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Could they be Gold Necked D'uccle? Where did you get them?

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:That's my guess, too.

So where did you get them? [​IMG]

Actually, I don't see enough puff around the bottom of the face. GN Booted Bantams, perhaps?

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  8. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Yes, they are bearded. They just don't have really large, full beards like Faverolles and such.

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Yes, they are bearded. They just don't have really large, full beards like Faverolles and such.

Look on feathersite at the GN D'Uccles... I'll bet that's what these are. But mine are more bearded than these....

10. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I got them from TSC and my store goes through privett hatchery.

I though out of all the d'uccle on feather site mine looked a lot like the gold neck and the buff mottled. I am kind of excited that these could be something so different than what I first though! I got the bantams to expand the diversity of my flock of mostly RSL chickens. I guess we shall see how they turn out. they are still pretty young, so only time will tell. maybe I will contact privett and see if they can give me a list of feathered legged bantams that they have

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by