I'm crying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelleEnchanted

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Ohio
I purchased some eggs off somebody seeing as how almost my whole flock has been taken out in the past few weeks.
I've been working hard, by myself, on the coop.
I just cleaned it out yesterday, and
refenced the whole thing.

I just got my package that was supposed to have 2 dozen araucana mix eggs in it...
all of them but three were smashed.

The post office had stamped 'we're sorry your item was damaged during handling' all over it and wrapped it up because it was leaking everywhere.
hit.gif

This is hard on me because i'm 17, I don't have a job because I have to babysit for my sister for free [she's a single parent] and i have school still. I sent them a money order and now i'm broke.
& my parents could care less about my hobby.

so yay, i have nothing but the few mix eggs from my backyard in the bator and the 5 chickens I have left.

Blank the PO. And you know what blank means....

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't have much money to spare but was thinking of ordering some eggs off e-bay. Guess that ends that. I don't want broken eggs.

I'm so sorry. Will the PO pay damages? Can you contact the person you bought them from and tell them they were all damaged by the PO? They may be willing to replace them.

Did you take pictures? Did you let the seller know? A member on here was able to get shipping costs refunded because of the way the postal service handled the box. I don't remember who.
sad.png

Quote:
I just hatched eggs from ebay with no problems. Of 16 eggs 14 hatched. All shipped eggs are hit and miss. I recently got some duck eggs and all 8 were damaged. 2 had the yolks scrambled inside and the other 6 had the air cells all messed up.

They said they wont replace them, and to put it in the PO lady's words 'they're just eggs'.

I contacted her through email.. i dont know when she'll receive it though...

I've been waiting for these forever.
sad.png

If the PO damages something you are at least entitled to a refund on shipping. If the item was not insured you won't get that $ back. The PO certainly won't offer up the $, sometimes you have to press the issue or ask for the Post Master.

Chelle, so sorry. I sent you a message. The po is wrong, may be just a package of eggs but they destroyed the package. Have the seller send a complaint to the postmaster of the post office that she mailed out of. I've gotten lots of eggs from ebay, eggbid ect and most turned out fine.

Last edited:
That is really sad. That makes me sure I want to wait until my little chicks are laying eggs before I try to hatch. Money is also very limited with my hobby with 7 kids to feed so I have to save for either a incubator or the materials to make on (I haven't decided yet). Good luck with the remaining eggs. Maybe you could call a supervisor or a bigger P O and get better results.

I'm so sorry! I would be glad to send you some eggs if you don't mind mutts. If the seller is in a good mood maybe they will replace the eggs. Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom