i'm devistated

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 17, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i was in the shower yesterday and my mom came running in to tell me that Quackers my baby girl is GONE. [​IMG]

i am hoping she will come back but i don't want to get my hopes up. we asked around, but no one has seen her. there is no sign of her anywhere.. she just vanished. i hope where ever she went, she is safe. that duck meant half the world to me, duckie is the other half. i'm so freakin sad, idk what to do. we are going to drive around and look for her later. [​IMG]

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I am so sorry, I hope you find her.

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Aww I'm so sorry. I hope you find her safe and sound! [​IMG]

4. DuckiesAndBees

DuckiesAndBees Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Is she laying yet? This happened to us once but about a month later she stolled out from under the porch... with 12 babies following. Hopefully that will be the case! [​IMG]

5. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    I have had a hen disappear before, only to show up three days later. She is not a flying breed, so we have NO idea where she was hiding! Have hope, she could come back!

6. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Have you found her yet?
    T.

7. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    she is not laying.. she has a nest that she left.. we just moved to this house like 3 weeks ago.. we went to the old house.. no one has seen her.. we went to the animal shelter and no one has seen her.. we've asked all our neighbors and no one has seen her.. she does fly so i think she flew off.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I do hope you find her. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. DuckDuckDuckGoose

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Quote:Im really sorry for your loss lovesduckies, it is always hard to lose a loved one no matter what species it is. But, try not to lose hope.
    I wonder if they microchip ducks & geese? I think im gonna find out cause all my dogs are microchipped and it really does give me a sense of security that if I they were to run away or get lost at least I would have a higher percentage of getting them back. When I find out I will make a thread about it k.
    T.

10. DuckDuckDuckGoose

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Quote:Im really sorry for your loss lovesduckies, it is always hard to lose a loved one no matter what species it is. But, try not to lose hope.
    I wonder if they microchip ducks & geese? I think im gonna find out cause all my dogs are microchipped and it really does give me a sense of security that if I they were to run away or get lost at least I would have a higher percentage of getting them back. When I find out I will make a thread about it k.
    T.

GUESS WHAT! u can get them microchipped by an avian vet. Yea. I am going to get that done to mine.
    t

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by