I'm done with BYC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by L0rraine, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    My posts (the ones that I originally posted, not responded to) are almost always '0' or maybe '1' response. Not sure what I've done to imply that I don't need help ... but it's obvious I'm pretty much on my own. I must come across soooo crazy - but there is obviously little on this site for me. So I'll do the best I can with my BOOKS and as a lurker. There aren't that many posts with '0' responses, but I really think I come close to toppoing the lot. (So much for the saying that "there are no dumb questions".)

However, there are occasionally those who REALLY do NEED help, so PLEEEEZZZ - for the rest of you - do try to point out to those in need, with really legitimate concerns (like whether to help chicks/ducklings with the hatching process), to applicable stickies (you've got them!), to the appropriate sites - you really could save a chick or duckling or two along the way.

REally ... I probably could have used some help along the way.

Not to take away from the site - you seem a remarkable support group for many others (there's just something weird about me). It's kind of like my group therapist said, when my husband left me for his secretary [​IMG], "you know - you just don't seem like you really need help, so I think you should look elsewhere -- maybe you should seek individual therapy ...". Not sure how, or why, I convey this -- buy I do. My life is good (maybe you've sensed this) - so I'm not crying out for help so much for me. Keep up the good work, cuz there is good work here. AND I DO MEAN THIS FOR OTHERS, tho' I confess to wishing I could have had a bit more input for me along the way as well. So for some of you, (PLEASE, look for those with '0' responses and try to provide some feedback, if you can). That's where my future energies on this site will be, if I'm not disowned, (though maybe my input is considered more harmful than good as I'll be the first to admit - that there is always much to be learned).

No more posts - I'll only try to provide a thoughtful post, here or there for those whom no one else is responding to.

Whoa - I'm anticipating that the only responses, if any, coming through now will be harsh.

2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    dont feel alone...if you look at my posts, hardly anyone ever responds. i dont care, i like "hearing myself talk"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You are not alone. With 50K members, alot of people get overlooked, including myself. It is normal, no you don't stink. Every night I try to come in this forum and the raising baby chicks to grab the -0- posts on pages 1 and 2. I don't have the patience to look further than that.

That being said, I feel it is important for members who have been here a while to at least make the effort to help in the forums they are familiar with.

Hang around - it gets better.

4. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Geez - you guys were quick -THANKS!, really ... you brought tears to my eyes. Now I'm off to hang with my husband and stepson. I know I'm pretty lucky to have them.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    [​IMG] I'm sorry you feel that way. I did too. I just kept posting the same question 'til someone answered. I don't think it's personal, there is just SO much going on in this site [​IMG]

Jen

6. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    I posted in 2 different threads last night about desperately needing help for a chick dying.... no responses. [​IMG]
    Would I have liked more replies? Absolutely it may or may not have made a difference. My theory - there are way too many people and the threads trade places way too often for me to hope for a reply all the time. I post... and then I do a search here or on google.

7. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, I feel your pain. No one responds much to my topics either. I only had one that took off and shortly after I made an exclamation about how exciting it was to have a your very own topic take off they locked my topic so I don't really bother anymore either. Just join in on others. If I have a question I do a search for something similar and then piggy back on it.

8. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Hey don't feel alone.
    When my darling boy Godzilla was dying, I got zero help. I was really resentful for awhile, but I know it wasn't malice on anyone's part. Sometimes a problem is over everybody else's head, too. Sometimes things just get overlooked like Deb said.

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sorry you feel that way. I looked at your topics posted and none had zero answers, but a lot didn't have many. It might be that so many were about ducks?

I don't know much about ducks, so I wouldn't be able to answer duck questions.

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Just keep posting until people get sick of you and start responding. It worked for me. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by