I'm dropping social media - but not BYC! I say it doesn't count - what do you think?

Does backyard chickens count as "average" social media?

• Yes, it's 100% social media just like Facebook and Instagram.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No, it's not really the same - it's nicer here

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • It is social media, but it's not toxic like the others can be because our moderators are awesome!

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
BYC is the only 'social media' I do (not that I view it as such). Anything else just seems pointless. BYC is very different and it feels good to be able to help other people, ask questions when you yourself need help, debate certain topics, and share all the fun and challenges of keeping chickens and other animals. It really is a community.

BYC is the only 'social media' I do (not that I view it as such). Anything else just seems pointless. BYC is very different and it feels good to be able to help other people, ask questions when you yourself need help, debate certain topics, and share all the fun and challenges of keeping chickens and other animals. It really is a community.
I agree! I think it's super helpful. And while it has community, I rarely see Facebook-type annoyances. I mean, we can get close here on BYC, but it gets shut down pretty flawlessly.

Also, it's only as personal as you make it. I mean, my real name isn't even Lizzy... :oops:

Who uses their real name here? Hehehe.
This is more like an old school forum. Social yes, but not really social media like you think of when someone mentions social media. It is educational for sure and yeah there are threads that can be personal.
At least here you don't have to only present your good side, I mean we see chicken poo on the daily. 😂

Who uses their real name here? Hehehe.
This is more like an old school forum. Social yes, but not really social media like you think of when someone mentions social media. It is educational for sure and yeah there are threads that can be personal.
At least here you don't have to only present your good side, I mean we see chicken poo on the daily. 😂
Haha! I don't know, Crazy, who does use their real name :lau

There are very few sites where you can say "look at this gross thing my pet pooped" and people zoom in and analyze it.

I just saved all my fb pics and yt vids to a hard drive as I wont be using them often anymore and forums are not better as people are still rude here like they are on fb only apps I use these days are instagram because no one comments there and tik tok if i want to watch funny videos with no ads. Rest i wont be using as fb gave me a warning for using the term invermectin and youtube deleted my entire channel in 2016 for maggots eating so not worth it anymore. As for here I no longer make threads as people are still rude.

I just saved all my fb pics and yt vids to a hard drive as I wont be using them often anymore and forums are not better as people are still rude here like they are on fb only apps I use these days are instagram because no one comments there and tik tok if i want to watch funny videos with no ads. Rest i wont be using as fb gave me a warning for using the term invermectin and youtube deleted my entire channel in 2016 for maggots eating so not worth it anymore. As for here I no longer make threads as people are still rude.
I'm sorry people were rude!

Back
Top Bottom