I'm dumb founded

MLCfromTennessee

Chirping
Jan 29, 2021
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
My chickens free range. Friday night one of the ladies wasn't at the coop. I figured she was taken by a predator. This morning my hubby said I needed to go out to the coop. I asked why - he said he didn't know how to explain.
My missing hen was wandering outside the run. Not a scratch on her.
I have no idea where she was the laast couple days.

My chickens free range. Friday night one of the ladies wasn't at the coop. I figured she was taken by a predator. This morning my hubby said I needed to go out to the coop. I asked why - he said he didn't know how to explain.
My missing hen was wandering outside the run. Not a scratch on her.
I have no idea where she was the laast couple days.
She might be broody and she might have made a nest some where outside. Is she acting off? Or moody? Puffing up when you walk up to her?

Something spooked her or she's broody and has a secret nest somewhere. Glad she came back! Pick her up and give her a good looking over to make sure she's not injured under her feathers.

She might be broody and she might have made a nest some where outside. Is she acting off? Or moody? Puffing up when you walk up to her?
Hmmm yes she might be broody. Prior to her venturing out after the injury I would often find her sitting on 1 of the 3 nesting boxes, especially at night or after the other hen's laid. I've checked twice today and she's not with the flock again and not in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom