Im eating my first chicken's egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenPeep, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    A few dys ago, i got my first egg from my chicken!! Ive had an egg every day since!! Today, im eating my firstn fresh egg!! One is a double yoker!!
    i havent tried them yet, but ive cracked them open. They are so yello and orange and delicious looking!
    wish me luck!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Oh wow! Its so good! This is what a real egg tastes like!
    it has so much color and flavor! Delicious!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Fantastic, aren't they? I gave some to my SIL and she said they "look funny" - geez, she doesn't even know what real eggs are supposed to look like!

deb g

4. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Theyre great!!

5. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I will be doing that today, I have almost a dozen now...didn't have the heart to eat the one tiny pullet egg alone, so I was waiting to give it company in the pan!

6. 62chickenlady

62chickenlady New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    Have my first two eggs but haven't eaten any yet...am trying to use up the last of my "boughten" farm eggs first. New eggs are so cute, just want to have them bronzed and put on the mantel.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:Understand your sentiment, but you'll get over it once you eat just one of your own eggs! We've had one egg nearly every day for the past 10 days, and each member of the family has had at least one. This morning my DD went out to the coop and viola', she collected her first egg and the pullet that is laying squatted for her and performed the egg song.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Well we finally did it, it was so hard we had some real reservations, I almost felt kind of quilty,We ate some of our eggs. It was like eating one of the family. Have you ever read about Bonner's Pass? I knew we had to do it sooner or later thats the excuse I had used to get chickens in the first place. I wasn't sure people would understand that I really like to fool with the critters. They make my life more interesting and I laugh more because of them.

9. Cakela

Cakela Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Southern New Hampshire
    I made my DB some of our eggs yesterday along with one store bought.

he ate our eggs but refused to eat the store bought as it "looked funny"

Needless to say no more store bought eggs for us! Our eggs are waay better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by