I'm Engaged!!!

Call the paper and demand to know who placed the ad, explain that you're the "bride" and that it's a sick joke.

You know dear, I really DON'T think that everybody is overreacting. This is strange, and women need to be careful in this day and age. Especially single women. There are a lot of sickos out there. None of us want to see anything bad happen to you.

I hope that this was done by a friend with a warped sense of humor who meant no harm. But if not, then this person has way too much info on you for comfort. Please investigate, and let us know what you find out.

Update-

I called the paper, and they said it came in over their "e-form" system with no name or phone number in the "submitted by" section. They ran a correction today. I'm at school again so as soon as I get home I'll let y'all know what it said.
In regards to the "stalker" thing... I just never seen myself as a target for that kind of thing! I am about the LAST person on this earth someone would want to kidnap. Lets just say I have alot of "adipose tissue" and I'm very "plain"... Or we could just come right out with it and say I'm pretty much fat and ugly. And you know what they say... fat people are harder to kidnap!
Seriously tho, I am kinda creeped out by it. I hope my dog is on extra guard duty! I think after reading y'alls posts, the thing that scares me most is that I work NIGHTS!!! Like as in DARK outside!!!
I've never been "creeped out" by being alone in the dark out here, in a rural setting. But in town where the hospital is? A bit more creepy...
I'd rather take my chances with the wild animals than the freaky, weird, and STRANGE people we've got in town.
I don't know that I will call the police just yet- but I will alert the maintenence men at work, they'll be glad to walk with me if something feels "off"...

I wouldn't think they ran those announcements for free either- so submittal info or not, there would have to be a credit card number and name.

The newspaper will not willingly give that info to you, but they would to the police. It would be a really good thing to file a report with the police- not only can they find out who did it, but they could drive by your house now and then. too.

Please be proactive, rather than reactive. I am not a looker either- but I did have a stalker! It took several visits by the police, and a few buddies who happen to be bikers, before the guy quit.

Quote:
I thought of that after reading everyone's posts. When I called, they said they run those "lifestyle" announcements at no charge. *sigh* Another dead end.
My dad works for one of the utility companys in town and he carries "HALT" spray for dogs. It's mace- and he is going to get me a bottle tonight... but he thinks I'm crazy. He says it is probably someone playing a joke on me and that I should leave it at that. I only have two more classes then an hour to get home and THEN I promise I will transpose the correection that ran in today's paper. Dad says it sounded good- and they are going to enforce a rule from NOW ON that they WILL NOT POST ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT DO NOT HAVE A NAME/PHONE NUMBER FOR VERIFICATION.

Thanks y'all for your concern
hugs.gif
I'm glad y'all understand why this is buggin' me!

Identity theft is real, and rampant, even here in lil ole Iowa.
Someone could be trying to establish joint accounts, utilizing this publication as proof of marriage? A retraction wouldn't do it for me from the newspaper. I'd make them buy me a year or two of identity theft coverage.

Back
Top Bottom