I'm excited! Getting Polish eggs to hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by itsy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    EEEK! [​IMG]

I just spoke with my local farmer friend! He's got a little over a dozen ready for me. He told me he'll call me later to either pick them up tonight or tomorrow. He wanted me to buy his chicks as well - but I really want to hatch my FIRST EGGS!!!

I'm soooooooo excited! I don't have any Polish chickens and I might like to keep a couple if all hatches well. Anyone have pics of your Polish chicks hatching?

2. liz allen

liz allen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    i've got two 12 weeks old that i hatched in an incubator and gave to a broody hen to look after, 1 chamois frizzle and 1 gold laced frizzle. They are so brilliant that i have ordered some more polish eggs today to put under another broody to hatch herself , these ones are crested ones so i am excited too. [​IMG] Good luck with yours hope you have a good hatch rate. [​IMG]

3. itsy

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Thanks, Liz! Do you have any photos??? I'd love to see the babes you hatched.

He said that one of his hens will throw frizzled babies, so I'd be excited to get one or two of those! He's charging me $6 a dozen, so I think that's a great deal!

4. liz allen

liz allen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    hi not got any pics uploaded of them any younger yet
    but here they are
    michael 8 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Madonna 5 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Dont know boys or girls but who cares they're beautiful to me any way , so full of character and fun to watch charging around with the other chicks and chickens.[​IMG]
    Good luck can't wait to see if the new lot hatch.[​IMG]

5. itsy

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    [​IMG]

Beautiful birds!!! I'm so jealous! I hope I get one as nice as yours!!

6. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    I have two from my first hatch they are around 6 days old. I don't have any pics uploaded yet but one is called Battler and the other Dinosaur Head. [​IMG] It may be too early to be 100% sure but we think they are both girls as even at this young age they both have wing feathers and are starting tail feathers ..... at least we hope that it means they are girls!! [​IMG] Out of the 8 we hatched the two Polish are the only ones that we have so far named.

7. itsy

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Mucky...pics pics pics!!!!

8. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:I'll try and get DH to upload some Monday. Battler is beautiful and Dino Head is ..... well ..... looks like she has a dinosaur head [​IMG] [​IMG] .... but she is still very cute! [​IMG]

9. eeyore75

eeyore75 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    I have some pics of this years on my Polish page & some on the 2011 chicks pages of my BYC page......... They are ALOT of fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by