1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm exhausted.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dogwood Farm, May 15, 2009.

1. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I think I know exactly how these hatching chicks must feel. We had three hatch today and looks like another 4 have pipped. So far that is 7 out of the 15 culled down to 12 we had. Not giving up yet on the other 5. But what excitment. My two girls got to watch two of them hatch. Now that was very exciting for us all. But boy am I beat. LOL

2. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Congratulations!!!
    Can't wait to see pics. What are you hatching?

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Dogwood Farms wrote: Now that was very exciting for us all. But boy am I beat. LOL

I absolutely agree.​

4. sojeo

sojeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Scotsburn
    Me too, I know how you feel! Was up until 4 am, couldn't take myself away from the bator! I need sleep in a bad, bad way!

[​IMG]

5. Dogwood Farm

Apr 12, 2009
    I think so far they are looking like RIR's from what the lady had that I got the eggs from. Big excitement starting again. I had two Araucana eggs, one I candled and had all kind of movement in the other was so dark I could not see anything but the air cell. The dark one has just pipped. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. Dogwood Farm

Apr 12, 2009
    We have had another one hatch and yet another just on the brink of coming out. I am going to have to get a picture of the one though for an identification. It's all black with black feet and beak. Have to see what she looks like once all dried off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by