I'm feeling lost

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, May 13, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    My chickens went to their new home last night. It was supposed to happen the end of April, but I kept putting it off. I feel as if I am giving up everything for this stupid move. The end of March I took my dog to my dad's in Florida and we won't see her again for three years.

I couldn't put in a garden this year because we will be out of this house by the 20th of June. We have an AWESOME church family here and neighbors that are fantastic. I have been able to visit my mom and sister more in the past 3 yrs that I have since I got married 12 years ago.

I don't know why this move is being so hard on me. This isn't the first and most certainly not the last that we will be doing. I am excited to be going back to Okinawa and it will be cool to see what has changed. I am just not liking what I have to sacrifice to do that. I know tomorrow will be better. Thanks for letting me vent!

2. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Aww I'm sorry. Military?

3. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Yes. Thank you

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BIg changes are always hard even when they are positive ones.

[​IMG]

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I know how you feel! Moves can be exhausting on your soul. I know your kinda bummed but just remember it will get better. You'll have a new place and new things to do. I am sure you'll one day be back with your dog and have chickens again. Try to stay positive and things will be OK!

((((((((((((((Sending Huggs)))))))))))))))))))))

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Us too, we're going to Texas.

But I *want* to go, so that makes a big difference.

Everything will be ok. [​IMG]

7. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Thanks everyone!

8. Summerlin

Summerlin Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Quote:I'm so sad for you. [​IMG]
    It sounds like you're very comfortable and content where you are. I hope you find at least some of that again soon and that you have a safe move.

9. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Ugh I know how you feel. I've moved 27 times in my life, and I am 25. I almost had a nervous breakdown last year when I moved again, it stressed me out so much. We were renting and the guy's blueberry fields next door took all the water and the landlord wouldn't do anything about it. I flipped out and hurled my brand new cell phone against the wall and threw a cup that "missed" the wall and broke the window instead. Not one of my proudest moments. It all turned out better though because I like this house so much better, but it's still only a rental, but I hope we can stay here long enough for us to afford our own property somewhere up north. Siiiiiiiiiigh. I've never had a permanent home and completely understand how hard it is to move constantly. Especially having to sacrifice pets, that makes it so much worse.
    Good luck on your move, you'll feel better once you get to your new place! [​IMG]

10. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Thanks for all the replies. I am looking forward to moving and getting a change in scenery. We have been there before, we just have so much more to deal with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by