I'm Feeling Sad Today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PamB, Nov 23, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Today is lockdown. I have one egg left in the incubator out of four. It isn't moving...I don't think it is alive. My daughter insists that we give it a chance, so we will go into lockdown. I'm feeling really sad. My daughter actually spend $50.00 of her own money that she had saved to put toward this incubator. Poor kid..she is going to be so upset when that egg doesn't hatch. This stinks. [​IMG]

2. elloyd

elloyd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    i am with you i put my eggs into lockdown yesterday but i dont really think my eggs are going to hatch i hopw they do because my 3 little girls will be bummed if we donot get atleast one egg that hatches the shells of my eggs are so dark that i have never been able to see through them i will keep my fingers crossed for u let me know

3. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Good luck! I hope yours hatch. My concern is there is no movement. I can see basically see the outline of the chick and the aircell and all that, but no movement. Let me know how you make out!

4. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    I my very limited experience by the time the chicks got close to hatch time I hardly saw movement if any at all inside the egg. What I do see is the blood pumping through the vessels. Look for that instead of a black moving blob.

Oh and you better find her a friend. She'll be really sad and noisy without a pal.'

Good luck![​IMG]

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Good luck!!!

6. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:I want a friend for her, but I can't order any chicks (Silkies) online right now...all sold out until next year. [​IMG] Not sure what I'll do about that. I was checking that out the other day.

Maybe it is alive after all! Who knows...wait and see I guess.

7. elloyd

elloyd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    thats all we can do is play the waiting game i will keep u posted

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by