I'm finding wonky eggs. They look cracked but aren't. See the pics?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickmagnet9, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Chickmagnet9

Chickmagnet9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    I believe all of these eggs are coming from my girl, Kyle who is 1/2 Buff Orpington and 1/2 EE. Recently, we've been finding these eggs getting weirder and now appearing to be cracked but aren't. I don't know what's causing this. Her diet has not changed. She gets high grade feed to eat at will, is free range and I give her fresh produce regularly. She also gets a lot of yogurt and I keep the water clean, fresh and full. There is a very, very slim possibility that my new girl who is a purebred Ameraucana is laying but I've never caught her in the act. She hatched on 3/31/14. The girls I got at the same time as her are laying, she is not. They are not the same breed and lay brown eggs so no confusion there. I may have to confine that stinker and see what in the world! Anyway, please see my posted pics. I'd love some input.
    Thank you.
    Ok, I can't figure out how to post pics. Standby.

2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Definitely agree with your comment there about having to confine to find out who's laying these eggs. Good luck posting pics.

Best wishes.

3. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by