I'm fro Pensacola

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by seesthru, Jan 10, 2009.

1. seesthru

seesthru Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2008
    Pensacola FL
    Hi! I thought I was a member here, and I must have been years ago.... but I had to re-register. Anyway, I'm seesthru, from Pensacola Florida, and I have three ADORABLE white silkies. They are 2 pullets and a roo. Maybe two roos and a pullet ( uh oh)... It's hard to tell. One silkie just has the tophad, she's the girl. The other two have top hats and beards! [​IMG] They are my little puffballs! I adore them![​IMG]:love:love

I may get one more silkie girl, with a beard and tophat. Those are my favs! THAt way, if they lay eggs, and I ever decide to let eggs hatch, there will be some diversity in the babies. [​IMG] Howdy all! [​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

I see you're already addicted to Silkies. That's a great start! [​IMG]

Thanks for coming back to BYC! [​IMG] I hope you'll stay around and get to know everyone. Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hello and Welcome Back from TN! [​IMG]

Dawn

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

6. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Welcome back to the community. I have one white silkie. I think it is a HE someday I'll figure out the sexing of silkies...
    Hugs!
    Christina

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

8. seesthru

Dec 26, 2008
    Pensacola FL
    THanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, I adore silkies. My landlady had them YEARS agoi When I first saw them I was mad at my landlady, I thought she DYED their legs blue! LOL! I'd never seen them before. But I learned that their legs are supposed to look like that, and I saw how gentle they are and how absolutely fluffy they are! Landlady has since passed on. I've had all kinds of chickens, but the silkies are my favorite. I love ameraucanas and all chickens really! However I'm in an area that says no livestock. I think if they see silkies, they will know they are PETS and not livestock! My three are cute. One girl has a tophat and no beard, and the other two have tophats and beards. THey know the routine here. When its time to go nite nite they get upset if I am not out there to put them night night. In the morning they are eager to get to the moveable pen so they can scratch the ground and hop and play. SO cute!
    They are probably 3/4 of the way grown. I'd ewanted to hatch eggs myself, but someone borrowed my incubator and moved, and never gave it back. UGH!

Thanks again for such a warm welcome!!! And I need 2 names! The beardless girl is named Molly.

I need a gender neutral name for the one I'm not sure about yet, and the boy, I might call Einstein...because of the wild tophat! LOL! I'm open to any names though!

9. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Welcome to byc !

10. seesthru

Dec 26, 2008
    Pensacola FL
    THank you for the warm welcome!!!![​IMG]

WHat's NAIS?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by