Here is a list of the breeds of my hens:

2 EE's
1 BR
3 Golden Comets
BO
Silkie
2 Cuckoo Maran Pullets
1 Partridge Rock

I am getting about 5-7 Brown eggs a day, and I know that 4 of those are coming from the Golden Comets and BR hen. The Partridge rock is laying a light brown egg. I am getting a very very light olive egg from an EE hen. So that only leaves:

1 EE
BO
Silkie
Marans

Who is it? The egg is coming from someone who is just beginning. Its small and oblong shaped.

I am having the same problem, I have all brown egg layers but somebody is laying a huge white egg 4 times a week. I don't know which one it is because I have 25 hens laying now and one or two NHR's starting to lay every couple of day's. I do have one little hen that looks like a barred rock that is kinda blurry and she has white ears, I wonder if it could be her she is the only choice for a good guess, but until I catch the culprit I still don't know.

AL

Quote:
I have the same thing. A bird I thought was a blurry BR until she started laying white eggs. She had kind of fleshy colored earlobes when she was younger but they have now turned mostly white. I found out she is really a barred leghorn. Here is a picture of her with my actual BR:

DSCF0021.jpg

So KristenH (hello from another Kristen, by the way
frow.gif
), if hens with white ears lay white eggs and hens with red ears lay colored eggs, what color eggs could I expect from a hen with sparkly turquoise ears? Seriously, they're amazing. Let me see if I can find a picture...

(if you click on the picture, you can see a larger view of it.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom