I'm Getting Another Duck !!!! ( Maybe)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pirtykitty, Feb 19, 2011.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    We just had some friends call who live in Moody. from what I can tell from hubby that the neighbors lost all but one of their ducks to predators.. they have one left and have been passing it around the area.. Hubby said that people were having trouble with it tearing plants up.. Doesn't that mean its not getting enough to eat. plus it's winter and not much green stuff around???
    It's black and white. They will be bringing it later today.
    I hope she gets along with my other ones.
    hubby said we'd proably have to put it in Freds old night pen for a while.. hmm I wonder what breed it could be or a mix.

What are ya'lls thoughts on it tearing plants up.
    Mine nibble on stuff but haven't really torn anything up.. well except the moss rose and it was on it's way out anyway. LOL>
    I keep them well fed.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    We have had a few ducks before but decided they were way too noisy ( I have a [​IMG] neighbor that would complain) . The females are the noisy ones and the males are quiet and they always muddied up the run and the water. My avatar is a picture of my son's first duckling that we raised.

3. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    They just brought her. She is black with a white breast and black and white on her head with some black spots on her head.
    She seems to be about the size of the Welsh harlequins. she's about 2 to 3 years old. the last of the 12 ducks they had.. they stopped penning them up.. found out all she has been getting to eat is dog food sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by