I'm getting cold feet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NancyP, Aug 8, 2009.

1. NancyP

NancyP Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Well after 25 yrs of being a military family we are finally buying a house with 20 acres and settling down. I have wanted this for so long, but now I am starting to get nervous about being able to handle it. Anyone else start out this way? please tell me it will be ok.
    Nancy

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    It will be a gloriously messy adventure that you'll absolutely love.

3. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Songster

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    my SO and I retired from the USMC in 1993. I think we spent the whole last ten years planning and reading and planning some more. Sure, there were a few surprises when we actually took the plunge, but I don't regret a single one!

[​IMG]

4. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Songster

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    You'll love it !!! Be patient !!! it'll all come together ...just takes time ....and of course pictures would be a bonus ....

5. bigkford

bigkford Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    I am not military but the best advice I can give is take the plunge and take it one day at a time. Keep talking to each other, and keep each other in mind. Do things together but let each do their own to be their own person. You will be together forever if you love and trust each other. And the most important thing is work together. Keep communication open no matter what.

6. BFeathered

BFeathered Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Congrats! Take a deep breath, take the plunge, and join the glorious madness. If you survived this long with the military, you can survive anything!

7. NancyP

NancyP Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Good point BFeathered. You guys are great. I knew I could count on all you BYC'ers to understand. I will post pics when we get there in Sept.
    Nancy

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    It will be the best chaos of your life. It will be okay. Been there, done that and survived it. [​IMG]

9. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Songster

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    I went from the island of montreal to the farm country of south western kansas.....haven't stoped loving the farm life yet!!......btw are you staying Kansas?

10. Mrs. Glassman

Mrs. Glassman Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Cedartown, Georgia
    I am not military, But I was once married to the Marines. I kinda got a taste for what it was like....it was no different than my raising.

As a teen growing up, we moved A LOT. I won't go into details, but I will say that it had to do with my parents & the police. We had to relocate every few months to a year. It was tough as a teen being dragged around, and it wasn't any easier as an adult married to a marine who had to move for innocent reasons.

To this day, I have to fight the urge to pick up & leave. It does get easier every year that I stay in one place. But there is always this thing in the back of my mind that says, "Time To GO".

I have acquired more things than I ever had since I've gotten away from my parents & my first EX-Husband.

The things are nice. The Now DH is nice. I like not having to reduce everything I need into one ready-to-go bag.

Give it time. Build something. Mark your Earth. Shun the urge to flee. If you have a good home & good people to spend your days & nights with, in time, it will pass...and you'll be more the thankful.

I AM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: