Im getting married! **Found my dress, need your thoughts!!!!!**

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dixie&trixie, Feb 5, 2012.

1. dixie&trixie

dixie&trixie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    Im marrying the man of my dreams on Sept 8 of this year. I kissed many frogs to find my prince so this is my fairy tale. His name is John and he is a emergency room physician. He loves me and my daughter unconditionally and supports all my crazy ideas. He bought me my first 2 hens as a mothers day gift 2 years ago and has allowed my flock to grow to 11 hens and a rooster. I couldnt imagine being with a better man.

So, I found my dress and would like to hear what you all think about my choice. Its a little big still and will
    need to be altered but you get the idea.

[​IMG][​IMG].

2. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty! Congrats!

3. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    WOW!! You look awesome in that dress. Do NOT let anyone change your mind. You are going to knock him off his feet when he see's you in it.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    You already look lovely, and once it is tailored to fit, it will be awesome! FWIW, I wear a size 6, and my perfect dress was an 11. After tailoring, though, it was like it was made to fit me. So, have you found the perfect veil yet?

5. dixie&trixie

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    No I havent found my veil yet because I havent quite decided on my hair style yet

6. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    As a photographer I say Good Job! I hate to see dresses that are strapless...they are the worst. The bride spends all her time fiddling with the dress and pulling it up. This dress looks like you can be both beautiful and comfortable in it!
    good luck
    sharon

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Beautiful dress, you are going to make a stunning bride. Congrats!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I agree with the girls in here! You look beautiful!!!!!!!!

9. dixie&trixie

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    Yes!! Im so glad everyone likes it. It was the first one I tried on and I fell in love.

10. Kittyf

Kittyf Chillin' With My Peeps

You look like a princess in that dress - lovely!
    I have been happily married for 33 years - I wish you the same life of happiness and delight that I have known, only even more so.

PS That is the most gorgeous dress, but you would look stunning in a gunny sack! You are just beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by