IM GETTING MY CHICKENS!!!! YAY!!!

TreyClark281

Songster
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
around Katy, Tx
im getting them on the 4th of July!! yay idk which ones to get they have alot of them! i deff. want an americauna they remind me of zoolander but i want a silkie(sp?) too and a rir are they all nice birds?
idunno.gif

any more suggestions of what to get?
i live in Houston hot humid.
and eggs not important
and i want a nice bird

bring on the suggestions!!
lol
im so excited!!
tongue.png
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif

Congrats! I couldn't suggest which ones to get any better than get a little of everything! LOL! That is about what I did. I actuallyenjoy my turkeys alot. They have a tendency to be very curious and like to follow you around. I hope you get exactly what you want!
wee.gif

i wanted a turken (sp?)
it is a cross between a turkey and a hen are the turkeys loud because i live in a subdivison do you think that the turkens would be loud?

Turkens are the chickens without any feathers on their necks. They are strong willed and the best that I can tell so far are fairly quiet. The group that I have keep to themselves from the other chickens. Hope this helps.

Where in Houston do they have chick available tomorrow? Is Ideal sending you a mix? I didn't think the PO was going to deliver tomorrow, so I guess you are getting them from somewhere else...Just curious.

Bird
--In Spring, TX

Congrats, Trey

I have been wondering when you were gettin your birds, I am so happy for you. They really are a lot of fun.

Dont let yours get TOO full of themselves tho, or they will be chasing dogs, next thing ya know!

smile.png
Jill

lol ya and for the post above jills umm i getting them from a feed store if you know where wabash feed store is in downtown houston on washington they have great birds!!! you should check it out!

wabashfeed.com

::eek:k update::

i got 2 hens and one pullet the pullet i know is an amreicana idk about the others ill post pics tomarrow.

the pullet is very sweet and is on my sholders now and "fluffing up my hair lol it tickles it probley thinks im it s mom lol i named it zoolander because it reminds me of him lol.
the other two are kinda scared of me but when i pick them up the are sweet and they can get kinda loud but i love all of them!

Last edited:
oh i forgot to add my adventure at the feed store

ok we got there at 2:40 and we left at 4:00 lol and when i was there i was just wandering around repeating to myself what i need DE, straw, chickens, feed, grit, oyster shell, what was the rest!!! lol so i got in there i was looking at the chickens for 30 mins and then i went to the front and asked if the DE is food grade and ya so i went back there talked to a guy about feed for what seemed like 38274298 hours lol so i go and get the chickens and when i go to ring up he asked which one was my favorite and i said the back and white one and he is like you have a b/w hen and im like what... "ya" and he said it was a rooster and so on blah blah blah the rest of the story is on the post above me. lol

lau.gif
You are soooo funny......So did you get babies? You say hen and pullet.....do you know that a pullet is something like........idk......under a year old and a hen is like....idk....over a year old? both a hen and pullet i am pretty sure are females, just different ages. So did you know that? Your posts kinda made it look like you mighta not.

Back
Top Bottom