I'm getting my goats tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ilovemychickies, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

WOOHOO! I'm finally getting my goats tomorrow! [​IMG] I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and we finally get to go get them! We are getting 1 buckling bottle baby that will soon be a weather [​IMG] , 1 bottle baby doe that I'm going to show and breed, and 1 grown up doe that we are going to be milking. So, tomorrow at 11:00 am, we begin our GREAT GOAT ADVENTURE! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ashleigh [​IMG]

P.S. When we get home with them, I'll be sure to take pics and post them if y'all want to see them. [​IMG]

2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds EXCITING; those bottle babies and the milking will keep you busy! Best of luck! And hey, pictures never hurt! [​IMG]

I'm going to be getting my very first goats (two two-month-old wethers) in a couple of weeks, so I can relate to your excitement!

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Sounds exciting. I have 3 bottle babies right now. 3 wethers. They are rotten. They follow me around the pasture like dogs.

4. BasenjiFan

BasenjiFan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Arizona
    [​IMG] Congrats! If these are your first goats: be prepared - they are an absolute riot! I know why people call them addictive.

What breed are you getting? I just got my first goats in Feb - two LaMancha kids. A doeling and a buckling that I just helped the vet surgically castrate (call me crazy, but I've been applying to vet schools, the experience can't hurt!). They are hours of entertainment!

5. ilovemychickies

Thanks y'all! They are Nigerians. Lookie what I found! I went to the farm that we're getting them from's website and found a pic of the little soon-to-be weather and the grown up doe! The grown up doe is named Twinkle. [​IMG] I think that mom is naming the little "weather" Pady. Do you remember that Dirty Jobs where Mike and his crew are in Africa with that terribly mean monkey named Pady? Remember when one of the camara crew dudes was on the phone and said that a monkey was trying to "eat" them and that it's name was Pady and Mike said "As if the name matters, it's still trying to eat us!"? Mom thinks that that is one of Mike's funniest moments, so she is seriously thinking about naming him Pady. [​IMG] I wasn't able to find a pic of the little doeling though. Anyways, here's the links to the pics. I'll take more pics tomorrow when we get them so you can see what they look like now.

http://www.agapeoaks.com/coolkids.jpg

http://www.agapeoaks.com/031608shinesbuck2.jpg

Edited to add: Whoops, I messed up and put the same link twice. [​IMG] I changed it now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  6. ilovemychickies

By the way, welcome to BYC BasenjiFan! [​IMG]

7. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    YES! Post pics! I'm way jealous. Have fun tomorrow!

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    How exciting! Looking forward to pics!

9. BasenjiFan

BasenjiFan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Arizona
    Thanks for the welcome ilovemychickies, it's great to be here! [​IMG]

Your Nigerians are adorable (the two you've posted anyway, and I'm sure the third is just as cute)!

I like the name Pady, and if it makes you all smile to think of the reason behind naming your wether, all the better. Of course, you could be setting him up to turn into an evil little monkey.... [​IMG]

10. ilovemychickies

Well, we got them! I'm so happy! [​IMG] We milked Twinkle for the first time (at our house, she had been milked every day before we got her) today. She did great considering it was POURING down rain with lots of thunder and lightning. Oh, and did I mention that we were in a metal building? [​IMG] It was crazy! But like I said, she did great and even gave us half a gallon of milk. YUMMY! The babies are doing great. They love to climb on your lap to get the bottle. My little girl even fell asleep while I was holding her on the way home. So did Paddy. I think that I'm going to call my baby Princess, at least for now until I think of a better name. Do y'all have any suggestions? I think that her mom's name was Shine and her dad's name was Cherokee. I was going to take pics, but they we're a little stressed out by being moved around, so I decided to wait until tomorrow when they are more comfy. I hope that's ok!

Ashleigh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by