I'm getting silkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, May 17, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just got off the phone with Ideal and added two silkies to my order that will ship June 9th. Their website said silkies weren't available that week, but the nice lady from Ideal found me a red one and a blue one that could ship then!
    So, I'm getting silkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Now watch. I'll have the only two silkies in the world that never go broody. [​IMG]

I'm a little concerned about them shipping in a box with 12 standards; so was the Ideal salesperson. Sure hope they're going to be okay. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Oh No! The evil Silkie conspiracy has gotten it's talons into you too.

Imp- I'll stay strong and rescue you. [​IMG]

Wait- Red & Blue ones...............hmmm?

3. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    OH NO ... you have fallen prey to the evil silkie hypnosis!!

I did too about 2 years ago LOL

4. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Hooray I too have fallen for the little feathered heads.
    [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:But...but...Impy! It's not like I'm gonna fall in love with the dang things - holding them on my lap, handfeeding them, coo-ing to them even. I'm not!

They will have a job to do on this farm, going broody, and hopefully they'll know how to do it! [​IMG]

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:I am trying to hatch a few for a niece of mine I hope it doe,snt get to me too [​IMG] must be strong LOL

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yay!!! [​IMG]
    I hope they make the trip.... [​IMG]
    Silkies are tough little things though.. I had a white one that was a holy terror.. she used to beat up all the bigger hens... [​IMG]
    I had to rehome them though because i was afraid that my VERY big roos would hurt them during mating... [​IMG]
    I may get some more someday and just keep them in a seperate coop...away from my big roos...
    I think once you get them..you'll really fall for them... They remind me of little muppets .. [​IMG]
    Did you get bearded ones??

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Their website says they may be a mix of bearded and non-bearded.
    I too am afraid for them around my 13 lb. roo, but I know Thor pretty good. I think he'll take one look at a silkie and run the other way. He's pretty partial to a few hens he grew up with anyhow. He has 13 hens already. No need spreading himself too thin.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Their website says they may be a mix of bearded and non-bearded.
    I too am afraid for them around my 13 lb. roo, but I know Thor pretty good. I think he'll take one look at a silkie and run the other way. He's pretty partial to a few hens he grew up with anyhow. He has 13 hens already. No need spreading himself too thin.

LOL..yeah..hes got plenty to keep him busy... [​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

But...but...Impy! It's not like I'm gonna fall in love with the dang things - holding them on my lap, handfeeding them, coo-ing to them even. I'm not!

[​IMG] waiting for the pix.

Imp​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by