I'm getting Silver Penciled Wyandottes...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Show Me Chick, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    in the mail in a few days!!! I would love to see pictures of member's silver penciled wyandottes. Please share! I will be getting 25 of them and can't keep them all so if someone lives close to Windsor Mo. and wants to buy some off me they can. I will probally sell 15.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Hi

Where are you getting them from ? They are hard to find, my friend was looking for some and I bought a dozen eggs of Partridge for me and a dozen Silver Penciled eggs from her from Duane Urch, he did send 3 dozen all together but not of my Partridge were forming and only 3 or so of the Silver Pencileds was forming, but none of them hatched. But I think she ended up with a few Silver pencileds from an assortment that she got from Pauls Poutry.

3. Show Me Chick

Jun 10, 2010
    This is were I'm getting mine from http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/silver_penciled_wyandottes.html This is the only hatchery that I could find that has them available. These are the full sized silver penciled. They also have partridge but the are the bantam size. I would have ordered some partridge if they were full sized.

4. Show Me Chick

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh I forgot I saw another place but I think they are sold out right now. They are way more expensive but I think their stock is probally way better quality if your going to show. Here is the link http://www.paulspoultry.com/silver_penciled.html

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep, Hatchery wyandottes dont usually turn out to look like wyandottes should though, and yep Pauls poutry is where I was telling you my friend got her chicks from, and he does have some good birds, my friend also of a really nice Silver laced roo from him.

6. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    there is a swap not far from you in Farmington on the first Sunday of the month it starts at dawn. It is behind Busenbark. there are fliers up at Bucheits. you can sell the extras there. I would wait a bit before you sell so you know you keep enough for you:). I'm just south of Festus, but I brought home 40 silkies today so NO MORE BIRDS

7. Show Me Chick

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm just south of Festus, but I brought home 40 silkies today so NO MORE BIRDS

Come on now you know you need a couple of my wyandottes. They would look great walking around with your silkies! I will have to MapQuest Farmington but I'm kinda afraid to go, I will be tempted by all the different breeds. I have a problem with self control when chickens are right in front of me for sale. [​IMG] I went to Jacobs Cave a few weeks ago and it was haven on earth. It was packed with poultry for sale. I came home with a few chicks and a lady amherst pheasant.

Gosh doesn't anyone have pictures to show me of this breed? I guess they really must be rare. I don't know why since I think they are stunning and you would think more people would be breeding them.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by