1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im glad schools have their priorities straight

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] sounds like the school here [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That kids hair is NOT that long!!!!

3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Wait, what was that video about? I was so distracted by that kids incredibly long hair I missed the entire thing!

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    [​IMG] ^

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Everytime I read these kinds of stories, I am more grateful that we Home Educate.

Egads!

7. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Yep, gotta love Texas....

This year UT's head coach is getting $5 million, but they have to cut $8 million from the arts and the guys playing the sport get nadda.....

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    That seems a little extreme, but they can get away with it because it is part of the school's dress code. If they are dissatisfied, but they put in a request for him to go to another school.

9. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Quote:I applaud you for having the time/energy/resources/willpower to home educate. Must be a demanding task.

Alas, stupid teachers are everywhere, and after doing a year and a half of a teaching degree (I dropped it because ugh, children, I'm waaaay to young for that) and seeing some of the people who are allowed to study to teach [​IMG] [​IMG] wow, is all I can say about how ignorant/narrow-minded/arrogant some of them were.

I probably wont homeschool my kids, but I will be EXTREMELY involved in their school lives. What worries me more than the bad teachers is parents who dont even know the teachers name, but trust them with their kids 8 hours a day!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by