im going broody again.......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Sep 4, 2008.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    all these pictures u guys r posting of ur cute chicks is making me want to hatch again....... what do i do!?

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Put down the bator and back out of the room . . . slowly!

. . . Ooops, what am i saying? Run away!

However, i will be posting cute pictures of fluffy butts in approximately 6 days. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    HAHA I am letting my broody bantam hen do the work for me! [​IMG]

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Quote:That's a nice idea, until they abandon the nest, break the eggs, or they hatch and they think an alien has landed in the nest and try to peck it to death.

But, you may have "normal" broodies who know what to do. In which case, could they come and tutor mine, please?

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:That's a nice idea, until they abandon the nest, break the eggs, or they hatch and they think an alien has landed in the nest and try to peck it to death.

But, you may have "normal" broodies who know what to do. In which case, could they come and tutor mine, please?

Ok I must confess, I borrowed her from my mother. She is a proven broody who hatches a clutch at least 3 times a year.

She is a VERY good mother and would make a great tutor! She has even adopted one day old chicks that had been slipped under her at night when her eggs didn't hatch. I swear, this girl LIVES to raise babies!

THe funniest thing is, you put an egg in front of her when she is on her nest, and she will LITERALLY take it from you! It could be BO egg, a bantam egg, ANY egg....she is an egg HOG!!

6. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i just gotta take deep breaths and put the eggs in the fridge.!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by