I'm going cold turkey.....................

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jjdward, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I started a weight loss plan with my Dr about 6 months ago. I started out at 260 and have gotten down to 217. In the last month or so, I have been dealing with my aging grandfather who lives with me (long story, pm me if you want the details). In all that stress I have fell off the wagon a little so I'm gonna try to climb back on it. As of tonight, I'm giving up all soft drinks. I will cut way back on my sweet tea. I'm from Georgia, sweet tea aint something I can live without. I'm also cutting back on chocolate. Please be praying for me that I don't lose my mind. I know I can do it, I did it before. Anybody else dealing with this right now?

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    you are in my prayer, and you go for it you are very prave and I know you can do it.

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:i have a vacation coming up and i want to loose weight too i have appointments to tour gyms on monday

4. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Quote:Thanks!!!!! [​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Will be praying for your success![​IMG]

6. eggsforsale

eggsforsale Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Idaho
    Wow! You lost 43 pounds! If you did that, you can do anything! Seriously...I lost 35 pounds a few years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I know how easy it is to fall off the wagon too. Those pounds come back way too easy. I'm trying to recommit also. My hubby retired this year and he is such a goody hound. Now he's always wanting to eat ice cream or bake cookies. [​IMG]
    You can do it! I can do it! Good luck!

7. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Quote:I'll say a prayer for you too!!!! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Don;t punish yourself TOO much. Chocolate is actually good for you, especially dark chocolate. If you treat yourself once in a while you will succeed. And focus on the healthy foods you enjoy. Don't try to choke down stuff you hate for the sake of eating good. I have followed my own advice and lost 50 lbs in three years. Slow, yes. Healthy too!

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Don't beat yourself up. You lost a lot of weight, you know you can do it!!! I quit drinking soda over 20 years ago. Then I lost my taste for sugar in my coffee, then in my tea.....Having lived in the south for many years the sweetened ice tea was hard....Get back into whatever program or routine you had, try to cut out the sodas...even the '0 calorie' type...I know it will not happen overnight but I know it helped people to get over some issues with weight loss (like my mom....coke all the time.....) My mom actually started eating an apple whenever she felt she was going to 'pig out', deinking lots of water helped her too. But she lost 60 lbs and is keeping it off for years now. Still eats an apple every evening though [​IMG] Good luck!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I am in the same situation, but i have been trying to get back on track for alot longer.
    Its so hard once you get off track. I get almost there, drop a few lbs, and then celebrate with something i had been craving and its all done [​IMG]
    I think the more out of control i feel, the more i eat. I will be good monday thru friday, and celebrate the weekend [​IMG]
    Just dont ever give up. We find our strength when we are ready, but you have to keep trying [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by