I'm going horse shopping again!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by equine chick, May 9, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have three horses, two great mares and a 2 year old colt. Well because of his great bloodlines, coloring and temperment we have decided to keep him a stallion at least for now. Anyways I'm looking for a buddy for my guy, he is in a pasture by himself, I really don't want to stud him quite yet and my four year old is just starting training and I don't want her with a foal for a couple more years at least. I'm looking for a gelding,prefer aqha under 2000.00 It needs to be ridable but may be older horse. I prefer one between ten and twenty years to be a buddy to my guy. If anybody knows of any prosepects near pa, let me know. They will have a good home, cowboy my stud is very sweet(not a mean bone in his body) and lots of loving.

2. dusti

dusti Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a 6 yr old mare I have for sale. She's a registered paint breeding stock. She is broke. If you're interested, send me a PM and I can give you more info

3. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm looking for a gelding.

4. dusti

dusti Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    The only gelding we have we aren't selling. He's a babysitter and is the best horse we have. I know you said you were wanting a gelding but thought I would try...LOL. Good luck in your search.

5. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    Why not look for a local rescue and adopt a companion horse? Always lots of those available. Or check on Petfinder.

6. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Yea as the previous poster said Petfinder would be a good place to check. Have you tried any online websites, such as www.equine.com ?

7. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    I can look around for you....

where abouts do you live?

8. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Quote:Thanks equest. I live in pa near pittsburgh. I thought about adoption and that's a possiblility but thought if somebody had an older gelding someone was looking for a home we might have the perfect circumstances. I have two mares that i ride alot so he would not get ridden but enough to keep in shape and ride on my farm occasionally.

Last edited: May 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by