I'm going in !! 4-4 -2012 Anyone Else ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 7L Farm, Apr 4, 2012.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm setting 48 yard eggs right now at 10:30 AM. Could be a bust I'm using my eggs. I have 26 hens & only one roo. I know I need more roos & hopefully I'll get some along with 30 pullets. I'm shooting for the stars but I'm going for it. Yee Haw !!!!! Coops built & needs at least 28 pullets & 2 cocks wish me good hatching vibes please. Thanks 7L.

2. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Good Luck! I just set 36 eggs on Monday. I am hatching them in my classroom of two year old children so I hope it goes well. I also have too many hens for my one rooster, but he seems to take his job seriously. With any luck we will soon have lots of barnyard chickens.

3. Amyc1080

Amyc1080 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    I am setting 6 Welsummer tomorrow morning 4/5 I am also a preschool teacher for 3-5 year olds. This is my third time trying to hatch in the classroom. I have my fingers crossed for at least two chicks.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I bet the children will enjoy the hatch. Good luck !! Keep me informed on the progress.

5. Queen of the chickens

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    We candled the eggs today and out of 36, I had 32 fertile and growing. I have one banty egg that doesn't look quite right, but I am leaving it for another week since it does have signs of veins. I also dropped my flashlight onto the top of one of the eggs and dented it. I am hoping that it will go ahead and hatch. I did some reading on here and learned that you should try to seal it up. Elmer's glue was mentioned as well as wax and nail polish. Since glue was what was handy, that's what I used. The children enjoyed it, especially one little guy who stuck with all of them. Before long he would see the veins or the dark spot and say, "It's growing!" However, it was the other teachers who were most excited. I think they have been infected with the Chicken bug. [​IMG]

6. Amyc1080

Mar 26, 2012
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    That is awesome, my students are on spring break this week so I am hatching alone for the week. I am going to try to candle them later this week but the are welsummer eggs so I am not sure if I will be able to see them

7. chickkrzi

chickkrzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2011
    Waco texas
    Good Luck with your hatch. I had one of my BO hens go broody 4/1. Hoping to have chicks by end of next week. Only have 1roo and 11 hens. Going to candle them tonight.

8. Queen of the chickens

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Tomorrow is our hatch day! My classroom is 25 miles from my home. I am trying to figure out an excuse to go check on them. So excited!

9. Queen of the chickens

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    One of the other teachers sent me a text. 4 have hatched and all but 2 or 3 have pipped! Can't wait to see them!

10. Amyc1080

Mar 26, 2012
    Lake Stevens, Washington

I candled the eggs all 6 looked like there was something in them, it's hard to tell with dark welsummer eggs. My students noticed today that the eggs were moving they were so excited. No pips yet hopefully tomorrow or wednesday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by